sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
MM PR
February 16, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KRUCIBLE TO BRING THEIR PROGRESSIVE ASSAULT TO TEXAS MADFEST

Houston progressive metal act Krucible is confirmed to take part in this year's Texas Madfest. This will mark one of the first live appearances of the band's new lineup, which now includes renowned vocal legend Lance King.
"We're so excited to have Lance in Krucible now, I can't even describe it" states Shane DuBose, the band's bassist. Shane, who has previously been in established metal acts such as Outworld, Stride and Cea Serin has known Lance for a while and sees him as the perfect frontman for Krucible. "We all are big fans of Lance's previous work on his projects and having him in the band means the world to us," he adds.

Lance King has been the voice in many bands, progressive and power alike. His previous work with acts such as Avian, Balance of Power, Shining Star, Pyramaze and many others has gained stellar reviews from respected publications around the world, RockHard and BWBK included. "I've known Eric and Shane since the days of ZLOTZ, and I love the stuff they did with Chris Salinas (Zero Hour). It'll be great to record those old songs and write new material alongside the band," says Lance. "At Madfest we'll be doing both old and new Krucible material and we're planning a very special surprise that everyone will love."

Krucible is in the process of composing new material that should be performed in the upcoming shows in the summer, followed by tentative recording sessions of their album. The band plans to have their debut released by early to mid 2008. "Our new material is much more mature than before, heavier and a little more proggy. I'm sure Lance will contribute to make the songs the best we've written yet," explains Shane DuBose regarding the direction of Krucible's new material.

Texas Madfest is schedule to take place on July 13-14, 2007 at club FBI Rocks 1 in Houston. Krucible will be joining the rest of the line-up consisting of Meyvn, Dark Empire, Six Minute Century, and Eternity Black. To check out samples from the confirmed bands as well as other info on the festival, visit www.myspace.com/madfest.

Its a great day for both of us!! Glad to hear our man Lance is back with another great band!!!

Yeah it sure is a good day for announcements! Wish we could be making headlines with the same level of bands you are, but we're working our way up!

With Nightmare Records being our main sponsor, we knew we had to get Lance on the stage somehow! Avian and Shining Star would be too expensive for us, so we were delighted when Shane & the crew let us in on their new vocalist choice! We knew it was a MUST to have Krucible on the roster, it was too perfect - a Houston-based band featuring our buddy Lance, and an extra selling-point that people would want to see the illustrious Shane Dubois on stage, too! Everything lined up so perfectly! :cool:

Very nice addition. :headbang: I hope you start announcing some bands that I don't like very much because I don't think there is any way I can afford to go to TXMF too. Though the way things are turning out I don't know if I can resist. Maybe if I start saving now I can make it to TXMF 2010 :D . Whether I am able to make it or not it sure shaping up to be one hell of an event and I wish you all the best of luck. I mean come on, it's like torture..... Kickass Metal! Beer, BBQ, and Tex Mex.....it's just not right for one not to be able to make it.

Also when I was first reading the announcement I saw those other bands in bold and I thought they were all coming...and then I read the fine print :( . Stride, Cea Serin, and Outworld. I was already booking my plane tickets (on credit card of course :D )

Very nice addition. :headbang: I hope you start announcing some bands that I don't like very much because I don't think there is any way I can afford to go to TXMF too. Though the way things are turning out I don't know if I can resist. Maybe if I start saving now I can make it to TXMF 2010 :D . Whether I am able to make it or not it sure shaping up to be one hell of an event and I wish you all the best of luck. I mean come on, it's like torture..... Kickass Metal! Beer, BBQ, and Tex Mex.....it's just not right for one not to be able to make it.

Also when I was first reading the announcement I saw those other bands in bold and I thought they were all coming...and then I read the fine print :( . Stride, Cea Serin, and Outworld. I was already booking my plane tickets (on credit card of course :D )

Sorry toget you all excited about the other bands in bold, haha! my bad! :lol:
Thankyou so much for the kind words and encouragement! I sure hope that you can make it out, and I hope the rest of our line-up convinces you that you need to be there! :heh: We're making the whole line-up available by Monday, so keep checking our forum! :) You rock, man! Thanks again!

My Friend just wait till you hear the rest of the Lineup, you may have to sell a kidney. And Kudos to DAVID and the BARFEST folks for putting together this awesome line-up. Now there will be, i hope 4 top tier Metal festivals in the US, PROGPOWERUSA, POWERFEST, BARFEST, MADFEST. And lets hope that these four will bring in people from all over the world, with their top notch line-ups every year.

You guys freaking rule!!! Great job!!!! If you get Machine Men, I will shit twice and do a back flip, in that order (just hope I don't land in the shit ) :lol:

Bear