1watt JCM800

Why do these guys all play the same stuff when they demo an amp? Can't they just play a simple riff so I can get an idea of what it sounds like.... Geez...

Sooooo waiting for a nice video, hopefully Ola get's to make one at some time.
Would love to have a JCM1 if it's less than half the price of a full head and if it would also be useable for some reamping.

I thought good tones came from speaker movement--something you can't really get without turning up the volume. lol. This would be good for a nice little practice amp, but not really reamping and mic'ing a cab expecting a great tone. You need air... speaker movement, otherwise it's just going to sound thin and brittle.

Virgil, I'm not entirely sure but I think the tone comes from pushing the tubes. So I'm assuming that this would be a good solution to getting a sick tone without having to set it at an insane volume

Ok now ola please make a video :p , 1W vs whateverW the original head is, so that we settle once and for all the actual difference it would make on same speakers in the practical situation when you would buy a 1W amp (low volume for neighbours). If it is usable for reamping as well, that would be nice, although I doubt you can push it loud enough ? They sound good anyway from what the video shows.

Read somewhere that the combo's where going to be $799, so would think that the heads will be a little less. They sound good in the room on this vid, but it would be very interesting to hear Ola do a 100w vs 1w comparison in a mix!I just think it would be cool to have a 1w jcm800 regardless.

Virgil, I'm not entirely sure but I think the tone comes from pushing the tubes. So I'm assuming that this would be a good solution to getting a sick tone without having to set it at an insane volume

Depends on the amp dude. I was being somewhat sarcastic with my post. I realize depending on the amp you need loudness to push the tubes to get a nice saturated tone, but it's also loudness that pushes the speakers... it's a combination of both that gives you a great tone. That's why you can give a 5150 to 2 different people, and the dude that reamps at a volume 3 instead of a 0.5 level is going to have a much better tone, even tho a 5150 gets its tone from the preamp section, not the poweramp.

But I would love to hear Ola do a amp video. I'd love to see what kinda tone you can get out of 1w. I have a 2x12, so hearing how a reamp session would sound a low volume would interest me greatly.