2 guitars low tune together challenge

aureliouch

New Metal Member
Jun 27, 2011
Hi, i'm having some problems to mix this song, because when the second guitar begins all the mix sound like crap and mess!
I've tried EQ and compression but my results are not satisfaction... what i have to do???
Follow Link to tracks (2 rythym and 2 Lead guitars L/R inserts with Amplitube, Drum is BFD a little bit mixed):

http://www.4shared.com/file/oCmqt4J6/Metal_mix_Help.html

COMPLETE SEPARETED TRACKS in .WAV (all drums tracks and guitar tracks):
http://www.4shared.com/file/sEp7DJoT/Metal_mix_problematic_track_by.html

If someone can help-me, i really appreciate

any chance you could put an mp3 on dropbox or soundcloud? I think more people would have a look then

and wait more than 38 minutes for a reply, this isnt a chatroom :p

Rythym Gtr

Lead Gtr

Drums

ALL TOGETHER (WITHOUT GUITAR MIX):

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry man, i've had some problems with posts all this parts in soundclound! But now, its ok!!! Help me with this mix please!!!

The problem is the playing needs to be tight in order for the track to sound tight. No amount of EQ or compression is going to fix sloppy playing. I apologize if that sounds harsh. It will be especially obvious when playing alongside drums that are programmed perfectly to the grid. Your best bet is to practice, practice, practice and record until you get the perfect take, then worry about the EQ and compression. Hope this helps.

The problem is the playing needs to be tight in order for the track to sound tight. No amount of EQ or compression is going to fix sloppy playing. I apologize if that sounds harsh. It will be especially obvious when playing alongside drums that are programmed perfectly to the grid. Your best bet is to practice, practice, practice and record until you get the perfect take, then worry about the EQ and compression. Hope this helps.

^^^^ THIS

Nothing seems to relevant between the rhythm part or lead part. Neither complement the other one at all. Also the "lead" part is more or less within the same octave as what is going on with the rhythms. Too similar. Usually a lead is going to add some more voicing and be a little bit more melodic than rhythmic (that part you have).

Thanks guys! The tempo of this part is very difficult to me follow... i'll try to be better!!!