2 guys leave Helloween

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Heres the press release if anyone cares???

Founder members Michael Weikath and Markus Grosskopf along with vocalist Andi Deris are currently interviewing guitarists and drummers in their hunt to replace Roland Grapow and Uli Kusch who are no longer with Helloween.

A spokesman for the band says: " It was mutually agreed that Roland and Uli would leave the band. You can cite the usual musical differences but actually it was more down to differences in priority. It was felt Roland and Uli were paying too much time and attention to their solo projects. After a very successful tour behind The Dark Ride album Michael, Markus and Andi felt quite rightly that the focus of Helloween members must be 100% on Helloween. This lack of focus had been affecting the band creatively for some time so now the band will be able to get back on track. Roland and Uli have been with us for a long time so it’s obviously very sad when this sort of thing has to happen but there was really no alternative. Everyone wishes them both the very best of luck with their new venture "

Says Michael Weikath: "We expect to announce our new line-up soon. There is a lot of great talent out there and we are all excited about the future possibilities for Helloween. Once the new line-up is finalised we will start writing for the new studio album for release later next next year. It will be a new era for Helloween which will inspire us to give all our fans the very best!! "

Just a quick question, is there anyone left from the first incarnation of the band now????

Kem, you are part of the MTV generation, you feel neither highs nor lows.........whats it like?

(this is a simpsons quote, first one with the correct simpsons answer wins my respect)

Hahaha! Onya Kemmy, you have won my respect, thats right baby, your now on the inner and not the outer, you are now part of the winning team, you are now part of the social elite, you are now a highly prized member of society, you are now going to tell me to shutup :)

(not that I disrespected you before of course).

When I was in the Northern Territory I was fully expecting to go into lots of rough redneck pubs, and for most of the two weeks I had the following Simpsons quote in my head:

"Hey you, let's fight!"

"Them's fightin' words!"

Unfortunately, I only went into one bar that could be considered a redneck bar (the pub at Tennant Creek), and there was a woman playing the saxophone there, so I think that cancels it out.

I also had another quote, because all of the English people kept calling chips 'crisps' (silly Brits!). The quote was from when Ringo Starr was answering Marge's fan letter from many years before:

"Yes, we have french fries in England, but we call them 'chips'."

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Helloween discussion :) (pity Roland and Uli left, by the way, but oh well). Isn't Markus Grosskopf the only remaining original member? I know that Michael Weikath joined the band after it was formed (I think) but has appeared on all of the albums (perhaps).

Haha, "Stop pummeling my face, it hurts!" You should have broken a beer bottle and started a scuffle while screaming "you bent my wookie!" Spiff, it would make a good story to tell your grandkids......

So helloween just have a revolving door that says "band members here" then?? :D

What, my respect isnt enough for you??? :eek: You should count yourself lucky, very few humans have my respect!
When it comes to compliments women are like ravenous beasts, always wanting more, More, MORE!..... :D

Originally posted by spawn
Just a quick question, is there anyone left from the first incarnation of the band now????

Michael Weikath and Markus Grosskopf are the only original members... Man, how much like Dungeon does this sound like?! HAHAHA! ('cept that they're rich and famous... D'OH...!)

2 members left? They have had about 3 singers too...I think everyone in the world has been in helloween at some stage :D

Originally posted by spawn

Founder members Michael Weikath and Markus Grosskopf along with vocalist Andi Deris are currently interviewing guitarists and drummers in their hunt to replace Roland Grapow and Uli Kusch who are no longer with Helloween.

Hahaha. I just noticed his last name is Grosskopf. That translates to Bighead! Teehee! :D :lol:

Originally posted by Kem

Hahaha. I just noticed his last name is Grosskopf. That translates to Bighead! Teehee! :D :lol:

:lol: Correct!

Didn't the two guys who left write the better stuff from The Dark Ride? (other than Andy)

The songs I like are

Mr Torture
If I Could Fly (Deris)
Departed
I live For Your Pain
Immortal
The Dark Ride