2 prog metal giants on one cd

Can't anyone spell Dream Theater? No, don't tell me that's the way you people spell it, the band is called Dream Theater.

Anyway, LaBrie is using his soft voice a lot more on the album, or so I've read/heard (haven't downloaded the album). That side of his voice is really good, on songs like Space-Dye Vest and Wait For Sleep for example...it's just the high end that makes me cringe. Awake would be pretty much perfect if it wasn't for some of those vocals in Innocence Faded (well ok, I don't like Petrucci's soloing on some of the songs either). It just makes you think what the hell he's singing cause it sounds like he's just wailing this and that.

Arjen is definitely THE prog man in this project. Everything sounds great so far, and I'm impressed by some of the singers based on the samples too.

TheFourthHorseman said:
Can't anyone spell Dream Theater? No, don't tell me that's the way you people spell it, the band is called Dream Theater.

Busy old fool, unruly Sun,
Why dost thou thus,
Through windows, and through curtains, call on us?
Must to thy motions lovers' seasons run?
Saucy pedantic wretch, go chide
Late school-boys and sour prentices,
Go tell court-huntsmen that the king will ride,
Call country ants to harvest offices;
Love, all alike, no season knows, nor clime,
Nor hours, days, months, which are the rags of time.

I was surprised to hear that Eric Clayton (of Saviour Machine) was singing on the new Ayreon album (I found out quite awhile back). He's virtually unknown, but he's been one of my favourite vocalists for years! I think he's my favourite singer on the Human Equation. I do love Mikael's voice too. and Devin's of course. Even LaBrie is good is small doses, but Clayton blows them all out of the water. I also have the leaked version, it is EXCELLENT! can't wait to buy it and get the DVD ...Mikael: "wee-oo, wee-oo" haha

I'm listening to a leaked copy also. This CD is definitely the best CD of 2004 so far. If you're not a fan of proggy stuff then you're not gonna like it. It really does combine every type of music (except rap, r&b, jazz, etc).

First song of the 2nd CD though...I don't wanna ruin it, but Mike definitely has a knockout punch. Be ready.

Random but,

Petrucci's solo in "Under A Glass Moon" is quite good, download the song if you've never heard it. His solos on the most recent album Train of Thought seem just like speed for the sake of speed, but some of his others are very good.