2 Valley Dolls gigs this week!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
K, one more pimp on the Valley Dolls, female 80's glam metal covers band if your looking for something to do this week.

We now have a regular gig at the Slide Bar in Fullerton so we'll be there every other Tuesday night jammin out the big hair tunes! 10:30pm and again at midnight. 124 E. Commonwealth Ave, Fullerton, CA Cost: FREE! 21+

Also, this Friday, 14th we will be playing at the Lobster Festival at Ports O' Call Village in San Pedro. Cost $8, kids free! For more info please visit www.lobsterfest.com (cash only event - oh my)

Over n out :headbang:

OMG.......Matt I cannot keep this to myself! Matt, amongst others here, :) came down to the last VD show Tuesday and this time he brought a new desert dish called Harvest Pudding. :worship:HOLY COW was that some good stuff!!!! I think the Maidens are going to have to start having a table set up next to our merch table and start having post-gig bake sales with Sara's red beans, Matt's desserts and Jim's Spaghetti sauces and jambalaya!!!! :p

OMG.......Matt I cannot keep this to myself! Matt, amongst others here, :) came down to the last VD show Tuesday and this time he brought a new desert dish called Harvest Pudding. :worship:HOLY COW was that some good stuff!!!! I think the Maidens are going to have to start having a table set up next to our merch table and start having post-gig bake sales with Sara's red beans, Matt's desserts and Jim's Spaghetti sauces and jambalaya!!!! :p

And, ohh, did I forget to mention that I too make spaghetti sauce?
I'll make some for Cane's (since it looks like it aint going to Virginia) provided nothing comes up.
Though, Jim, I'd love to give yours a try. There's never enough good spaghetti sauce after all.

And it's "dessert", Mrs. Virgo. After all, "desert" and "harvest" don't exactly go together. :p

I'll make some for Cane's (since it looks like it aint going to Virginia) provided nothing comes up.
Though, Jim, I'd love to give yours a try. There's never enough good spaghetti sauce after all.

And it's "dessert", Mrs. Virgo. After all, "desert" and "harvest" don't exactly go together. :p

Yummy! Jim, I second that request! :saint: Re: desert/dessert, I just noticed that too. Slip o the finger........(mind out of the gutter people!!!!!!). I always remember from my teacher saying you want more dessert so you want 2 of the letter "s"...something like that. :lol:

And it's "dessert", Mrs. Virgo. After all, "desert" and "harvest" don't exactly go together. :p[/quote

Thanks for the gingerbread! It was really great! Tried Jim's spaghetti sauce the other day and it was great too. I must get those recipes! :)

Oh really? DO tell!...................:Smokedev: he he he
I've been thinking about getting one of the BABE series basses from G&L so Jim is letting me borrow his for a little while. When I met him to get the bass...he brought spaghetti and sauce too! I had it for breakfast yesterday. It was really good but I think I should have had it for lunch instead as it was a little spicy. Don't worry, he didn't forget about you :) ....he said he's bringing some for the rest of the band at Cane's so you too will soon experience Jim's spaghetti sauce. ;)

Tried Jim's spaghetti sauce the other day and it was great too. I must get those recipes! :)

It is like magic. Once you know the secrets it loses some magic. :oops:

Actually there is one challenging step, a fair bit of chopping and the rest is opening jars or cans. Basically "homemaking" around good premade products. Lots of help from Trader Joes. :cool:

I had it for breakfast yesterday.
:err::err: What a way to start the day.

Jim

:Smokin::hotjump::loco: Happy dance time! :loco:

One thing I was out of when I made it but swear by is this. Add some anywhere you would use pizza flakes. See it, buy it! You will thank me later!

botecrushed.jpg

Linkypoo

This is really a key element in the flavor profile and the substitute flakes didn't really cut it. This stuff leaves all other pepper flakes in the dust. They are a bit hotter than typical flakes but have a much better taste. Killer on pizza of course but great to heat up pasta sauce and I even add to the water the pasta water, which with all the other stuff, ends up about the color of tea.

Ordered several bottles along with a couple of their sauces the red, Habanero, and Chipotle. Great products for the chile head in you.

I ate one of their habaneros in vinegar at a spicy food fest and thought I was gonna die! My friend and I were swigging hot sauce samples like wine connoisseurs but that pepper took me out. :yow: Tasted great but it sent me to the nearest ice cream shop.

Jim

Dunno what this has to do with the Valley Dolls gigs though. :lol::loco:

What is the point eating very spicy hot foods,like habanero peppers? You can't feel the real taste of the other ingredients,which is pretty much make the whole cooking pointless.If the food mildly spicy,it's OK but flaming hot food is just yuck.:puke:

What is the point eating very spicy hot foods,like habanero peppers? You can't feel the real taste of the other ingredients,which is pretty much make the whole cooking pointless.If the food mildly spicy,it's OK but flaming hot food is just yuck.:puke:

I don't disagree one bit. There is only so much of anything you can put into a dish before it overpowers the other ingredients. Too much garlic, hot stuff, salt, or whatever. Cumin is something where a little goes a long way and too much easily ruins a dish.

I make a home mix for poultry that is 1 part chiles and 5 parts herbs.

Any dish can be ruined by an excess of something so the key is balancing it all out. As I mentioned to W, I did goof and got too much cayenne in my pasta water so the noodles were hotter than intended and not really the optimal flavor. I add up to 8 enhancers to my pasta water and only 2 are hot but chosen for their effect on the final taste.

The mofo's that consume pepper extract are insane. All the heat of chilis but the flavor is in the fruit itself and that was discarded. I don't use anything with extract because it is pointless.

My wife made chicken and dumplings and nearly had a cow when I added some habanero hot sauce to it at the table. Guess what she now adds to her chicken and dumplings because it works in the dish.....:)

Jim