20 YEARS AGO TODAY (Cliff Burton tribute)

farside

Aug 13, 2003
Buffalo
www.myspace.com
20 years ago today Cliff Burton was killed. I can remember it like it was yesterday. A sad day for music. He was one of the all time greats, and the reason I picked up the bass in the first place. the soul of Metallica died that day, and as hard as they tried, they never got it back.

Clifford Lee Burton (February 10, 1962 – September 27, 1986) RIP

Damn doesn't seem 20 yrs does it. Met Cliff on the puppets tour, very chilled out down to earth guy. After seeing Metallica playing Puppets again the other month, and watching cliff em all, makes you realise what an amazing band they were in their day. RIP Cliff.

cliff.jpg

Very few know, but he was the one that arranged every metallica songs in the first days, because he was so fucking talented, after hetfield finished a song the man polished every shitty stuff.
but damned he was so cool on bass that he changed quite a few bass teachers.
In Metallica was the most theory guy, anyway I read it in their biography.

27th September 1986, my sisters birthday, of the year I was born. I can't believe it has been so long. That era of Metallica really influenced me and got me into this whole scene. I now surround my life inb music, and I have Cliff to thank for that in a big way, espeacially for MoP. It's one of the msot nostalgic albums ever, and I was bareley born when it was released!
Such a great talent and influence to so many.

Still being missed Cliff \m/

Fuck me, this day is like the day when Dime died, such a fucking tragedy, I never met either, but I still feel like I know them both. RIP Cliff.

I was just a wee bairn when he died..
but he made quite a impact back then, and it's good to see a thread like this.. he has not been forgotten..

I still have and listen to MOP on the original Music For Nations cassette that I got way back when.

Same here. MOP back in the day introduced me the scene and got the ball rolling for me, leading me to buy almost every speed metal, thrash and early death & black metal tape or CD from almost every band that was out at the time and continued to do so for years. Still have them.