2006: Part Deux

I haven't been paying attention to anything this year, but it looks like some good stuff is out or will be soon. Anata, Carpathian Forest, Ensiferum, Psycroptic, Vader, Wintersun, Zyklon, Yyrkoon.

Looks like a new Vintersorg album too.:kickass: I guess Waterclime was earlier this year, that's good stuff as well.

Listening to a lot of classic rock/old school whatever and weird stuff these days in addition to my normal lot. Plus other interests are dominating my finances so I probably won't end up hearing too much this year anyway.

I'm currently looking forward to:
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
Cawatana & Storm Of Capricorn - Split
Cold Fusion - ORP Orzel
Storm Of Capricorn & Paranoia Inducta - Jama
Today Is The Day - Axis Of Eden

and probably the new Green Army Fraction, because the samples I heard were interesting.

EDIT actually, that was the new Stahlwerk 9 and not GAF, since Steinklang fucked up the samples, and I was actually listening to the Stahlwerk 9 samples when I thought I was listening to the GAF ones..... these GAF ones actually kinda suck...

I'm also interested in Rasthof Dachau - Prison Poems... I haven't heard the music before... probably some sort of power electronics, but the album description/subject matter intrigues me:

7 years went by since the last album from this Austrian Cold-Electronic project was released. "Prison Poems" is a conceptual work about the Irish civil-rights movement in the 70ies of the last century. the album deals about the fate of a handful young IRA volunteers, imprisoned for political affairs, but then simply sentenced as criminals. after a long hungerstrike, the young men died, forgotten from the rest of the world. most songtexts on this album were written by one of these young men who died from hunger. he wrote these poems on toilet- and cigarette-paper with the refill of a biro-pen, hidden inside his body in the years before he died. the sound on this album varies from dark and cold songs á la GalaktHorroe to early SPK-like Heavy-Electronic tracks. all with hard or subliminal rhythms and psychic analogue frequencies.

Other misc things that I might be interested in is a whole boatload of reissues of long OOP stuff from various bands on various labels.

Doomcifer said:

<-------- Best album of '06 thus far.

We got a new Album of The Year folks.

2403.jpg

GOOD GAWD! :kickass:

JayKeeley MUST get this PRONTO!