2007 haul..

Evil Dead

Hail to the King baby
Mar 19, 2002
Kansas City
So it is now 3 months into 2007. What I am wondering is what albums people have gotten this year that they think are pretty damn good?

For me there have been a few gems :

Lunar Aurora - Andacht.
I am 100% positive I will not find a better black metal release this year. Pure badassness. One of my favorites all time. And..only really two songs on the album are that good, but they are good enough to beat three fourths of the shit I have ever heard. Lunar Aurora, always top notch.

Dying Fetus - War Of Attrition
I am bias, I always loved Dying Fetus. This album is pretty good. They don't quite compare to the first couple albums, but its good stuff!

Myrkgrav - Trollskau Skroemt Og Koelabrenning
2006 release but I got it this year. Closest thing to one of my favorite bands, Windir.

Nahemah - The Second Philosophy
It's weird, but in a good way!

The Meads Of Asphodel - In The Name Of God Welcome To Planet Genocide
Last year, got it in Jan, brilliance. My Beautiful Genocide is totally awesome.

This Ending - The Machine
Got this ...this year, its from end of 2006. This is A Canorous Quintet reformed, totally killer band from the mid 90's. This album is pretty damn good, nice follow up. Drummer from Amon Amarth.

Funeral - From These Wounds
Nice doom metal. I am biased, members from Minas Tirith in the band. I love THAT band.

VOLBEAT - Rock The Rebel-Metal The Devil
Initially I listened to this band because they had VOL in there name. Being that I attend a school with a team named THE VOLS, I thought I should listen. Turns out to be a pretty fuckin good Dutch metal/rockabilliy/rock band. Their first album was the best.

What I WANT this year!!

New Enslaved

A New Minas Tirith!!!!!!!

New SORHIN!!!! Best black metal band EVER. Disagree?? You are wrong, jump in front of a train..

A New While Heaven Wept album.

NEW ABIGOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyrd - Kammen. Its gonna be a classic!:headbang:

2007 has been the year of old music for me so far. I have been replacing CD's stolen from my truck.
So far....

Kyuss-Blues For The Red Sun.
Spazztic Blurr-Before And After
Crumbsuckers-Life Of Dreams

2007 has been the year of old music for me so far. I have been replacing CD's stolen from my truck.
So far....

Kyuss-Blues For The Red Sun.
Spazztic Blurr-Before And After
Crumbsuckers-Life Of Dreams

Life of Dreams--fucking classic, I had bought that prob 6 ot 7 times in my life, just a classic

How many cd's were stolen?

The pricks got about 30 CD's, some change and my e-z pass. Right on about Life Of Dreams. It's too bad they only lasted a couple of albums.

That's why I only leave burnt cds in my car...Anyways, that sucks, fah-q:erk:

So far I have bought...

Big Business-Here Come The Waterworks
Fucking sweet band from the two other dudes in the Melvins. The crazy thing is that they only have a drummer and bass player in the band. Don't worry, they sound nothing like the White Stripes or any other indie wannabe garbage. The bass player is fucking sick!!!

Clutch-From Beale Street to Oblivion
These guys are one step away from being a washboard and jug band:lol: The only thing is that it really works for these guys. One thing I can always count on is a good diverse album from them. Their albums always surprise me and a lot of times I am not sure that I like their newest release but they always end up growing on me and become my new favorite album by them. I'm catching them live in a week:headbang: I won't lie...I downloaded this album but I have it pre-ordered, so I don't feel the least guilty about stealing.

Bloodbath-Nightmares Made Flesh
Holy shit! Where have I been? I just recently bought this album because of a song I heard on a sampler and it is one of the best metal albums I have bought in some years. These guys remind me of a Carcass on steroids and that is a very good thing.

The new Machine Head is pretty good but the more I listen to it, the more I prefer their older stuff. The More Things Change....will be a pretty hard album to top in my opinion.

I have bought some more albums but these are the ones that stand out to me the most. I really wish Weedeater would get their shit together and release a new album...

Bloodbath-Nightmares Made Flesh
Holy shit! Where have I been? I just recently bought this album because of a song I heard on a sampler and it is one of the best metal albums I have bought in some years. These guys remind me of a Carcass on steroids and that is a very good thing.

dude...that is one of my favorite albums, by one of my favorite bands.

I'm telling ya...I regret not having heard these guys earlier. Some of the best shit I have heard in a really long time.

What do you expect when you have Dan Swano, [SIZE=-1]Peter Tägtgren, and 2 Katatonia members together!

Its like non sucky Hypocrisy + EoS combined
[/SIZE]

i love hypocrisy- not all, but their good shit is GOOD.

i cant get into katatonia...i had 2 albums, maybe i bought the wrong ones, but they were ass.

Yeah, my friend is a huge Katatonia fan....The stuff I have heard is okay, but nothing that I want to buy...Hypocrisy is also middle of the road for me..Some stuff is really good and some is just "meh". I dig me some Edge of Sanity, though

Up to Brave Murder Day is good for Katatonia, then they suck.

My feelings likewise with Hypocrisy. Abducted is my all time favorite, I LOVE that album. The production on it was better than anything he has done since or before. Id say after the S/T album they went to shit.