2008 Woerden gig

ajdream

Aug 2, 2006
What happened to the January 12th 2008 gig in Woerden. Finally a gig a bit closer to my hometown and even on my day of birth. The best present :) I could think of and now it's gone :-(
Is it really off or just postphoned or maybe it will go on that day, but did it
disappear from the site for any other reason?

Einar

I'm sorry to say that it's cancelled.
I'm kinda depressed about this also because I was going to play with Pro Sanity as their support act! Now this one dream kinda slipped through our fingers...

But I also know the reason why: Sun Caged has a standard contract for each gig they do. One of the claims was that they needed a 22-channel mixer (probably for mic-ing the drums). K'77 (the venue) only had a (broken) 16 channel mixer. The budget was large enough to buy new audio equipment, but some of the staff members prefered to wait a bit longer to let the budget grow and buy something more decent (which I do understand, because I know most staff members and some of them want to buy something as quick as possible).

There would be another problem: Besides the fact that SC needed 22-channels Pro Sanity also needed 4 channels (2 keys and 2 mics). Another problem would be space: We all know that Roel v. H. has a uge drumkit and that Rene always uses 3 synths. Pro Sanity played once before in K'77 and the stage is very small. Only Sun Caged might work, but we would have to place our backline in front of their backline. Then their would be no space for us on stage.

So yeah, it's kinda depressing, but K'77 also told me that they were trying to book Time Machine instead. We'll see what happens.....

Greets, Sebas.

^ Too bad you can't be their support act in Woerden ( very cool btw! :) ) but maybe they can let you open up for them December 7th in Zeist?

That's not too far from where you live and it saves you a lot of travel time.

But I suppose you have to sort that out with Marcel. :)

I'll be there during that gig, it's not often I return to my place of birth ;)

Good luck!

Do you get to hang out with SC?
Unfortunately not. ;-) I was involved with the organisation of that night in K'77 (I live in Woerden and I go to K'77 every now and then).
All other information about SC I get by reading all news bulletins, the forum and the newsletter very carefully. ;-)

And about Zeist: I don't know yet. ;-) The idea of that night in K'77 came from me from the beginning. Others worked all out. I'm not sure if De Peppel wants this small band to play as a support act (we're not extreme virtuoso's like SC, you know). And even travelling would be a problem: Because of our ages and income none of us has his driver's license yet, we have parents to do that. ;-)

However, I will be there on the 7th, just to enjoy their setlist (and maybe buy a new shirt, 'cause my old shirt has more holes in it than swiss cheese).

Greets, Sebas.

^^
Wait, what shirt?
A Sun Caged shirt?
I'm dieing to get one.. I'll pay upto 40$ U.S.D. to get one shipping cost and all..
Especially if it were an old-school SC one where it says:

mmm tastey.

Hello all :)

About the woerden gig: what sebas says is all true, though we never got a question to play with Time machine, what would be an option though, since with that band we can play with a small setup ! So sebas: let them contact me in that manner ;)

About Sun Caged merchandise: We will update our website soon with all stuff which is on sale, we have old sun caged tshirts (2003) and new shirts with engelbert on the back, we have cd's and all my personal merchandise on sale (speed up dvd, a live time journey, colour journey etc)

Stay tuned

Marcel

Sorry for not coming back any earlier but I got sick.

Thanks for the info everybody!

A pity the show is cancelled, but I'll be there in Zeist for sure.

About the woerden gig: what sebas says is all true, though we never got a question to play with Time machine, what would be an option though, since with that band we can play with a small setup ! So sebas: let them contact me in that manner ;)
I mailed them, but they're still busy with some school shit before they are fully concentrating on getting bands to the venue.
It sounds like a load of BS if you ask me, they're just lazy.

However, I would appreciate it if you (Marcel) could keep an empty spot in your agenda for the 12th of January until they've contacted you. ;-)

No matter what happens, I'll see you in Zeist. ;-)

Greets, Sebas.