opeth tour a

vanessa

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2001
The Netherlands
Visit site
I'm a little bit dissapointed in Opeth and their label. Why? Because it is the fourth time in two or three years that Opeth cancelled or postphoned their performance. The last five years I was only able te see Opeth on festivals. I had tickets for the My dying Bride tour in Germany, 013, Baroeg and W2 in the Netherlands. And quess what? The shows are cancelled, with no reason. Is there ever a chance to see them playing in a club with fans only? I"m starting to think that Opeth don"t want to perform live, because their don't dare to perform in europe. Why are they touring in the Us and cancel their tour in Europe over and over agian? One show in the Netherlands is postphoned to 2 december. I'm not counting on it that it will happen to see them live. What a shame!

I still have my tickets to the Opeth/Nevermore show - the one I couldn't go to at the last minute due to extenuating circumstances. I keep the tickets on my car visor, so I can stare at them once in a while.:cry:

ive never seen them live as they haven't come to england in 5 years:mad: :cry: , i tried to buy tickets for the october 9th at the underworld but when i tried they said they havent got any news they are playing:cry: , i suppose its more dissapointment for me, at least in Holland, Italy and Germany etc. you get some death/dark metal festivals and we get none, i know i complain but i know people in places like russia never see anyone good full stop so i should be gratefull...but im not.

OK, no offense, but why not hop on that little ferry and get your ass over to mainland europe? Before I knew they would be touring the US, I flew to Milwaukee for the Metalfest. Yes, it would be more expensive than seeing them locally, but how bad do you wanna see them? I admit that the US has been *unbelievably* lucky in terms of Opeth tours, but this is not the norm. There are so many bands that I have seriously considered FLYING TO EUROPE to see. At least you're all on the same goddamn continent! And trains and hostels are so CHEAP over there! :loco:

i was amazingly lucky.... i saw Opeth/Amorphis/Nevermore at The House Of Blues in Chicago....I was incredibly lucky, but every day i curse myself for not going to the Opeth/Nevermore show at The Hard Rock Cafe two weeks later.

Originally posted by _Transparent_
ive never seen them live as they haven't come to england in 5 years:mad: :cry: , i tried to buy tickets for the october 9th at the underworld but when i tried they said they havent got any news they are playing:cry: , i suppose its more dissapointment for me, at least in Holland, Italy and Germany etc. you get some death/dark metal festivals and we get none, i know i complain but i know people in places like russia never see anyone good full stop so i should be gratefull...but im not.

I second that, I wish they'd come here. But part of me doesn't cos I know I probably wouldn't be able to get to London :( and back