Opeth Setlists

AbsentFriend

Hail to the King
Mar 3, 2003
Tha Nethalandz!
I've been lucky enough to see Opeth live three times this year, but I think I saw almost three identical setlists. The third one was a bit shorter than the others because it was a festival gig. But why don't they fuck around a bit more with the songs they are playing live??

Everyone in here is ALWAYS bashing away on Metallica, but they play really different sets during their current tour. Okay Opeth songs are longer, but that's not a reason not to play different sets. Opeth plays 90 minutes or so. Metallica plays 120 minutes!

I'm wondering if the guys in Opeth don't get bored by playing the same stuff over and over again..

Mikael says they're pretty lazy. Considering they rehearse only a few times before recording an actual album...yeah. Though that HAVE thrown Harvest and Serenity Painted Death into the mix on the last tour. Only a few times though.

Biddinger said:
Mikael says they're pretty lazy. Considering they rehearse only a few times before recording an actual album...yeah. Though that HAVE thrown Harvest and Serenity Painted Death into the mix on the last tour. Only a few times though.

I saw S.P.D actually. But I really think it's a pitty they don't play other songs aswell.

JoeVice said:
it should be interesting to see what they serve up for the damnation tour.....

yeah definitely, that's why i'm looking forward to going to this show. they're probably going to play all different songs, and this probably wont ever happen again (acoustic only).