Songs OPETH dont play live

Memopeth

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2007
I think every opeth song of every album is magnific.
Butthere are many songs they dont almost play (or even worse,the dont ever perform live)

Unfortunatly,i havent ever been to an opeth show, but,through the videos that i watch at youtube,i can realize wich songs the dont play,

this is a list of songs that in my opniion,they should rotate in their live performances,cause they never play them and i think are awezome,even more than some stuff they perform very much

ORCHID¨in mist she was standing (i think the only played it in a gig in 1996 in withwood or something like that),the twilight is my robe[/B),the apostla in triumph

MORNIGRISEnectar,black rose immortal,to bid you farewell

MAYH:The amen corner,Karma,Epilogue

STILL LIFE:Serenity Painted death

BWP:Dirge for november,The funeral portrait

DEliverance:Wreath,BTPISIO

Ghost Reveries:Beneath the mire,Reverie,Hours of weatlh,Isolation years

There are others but,in my opinion,it would be great that the use these songs in their setlists

of those i would most want to see hours of wealth and dirge. seeing as they are my top 2 favorite opeth songs.

orgasmic set: hours of wealth + Isolation years + BRI and we end with dirge for november.

Thats heaven.

I would like to see them playing forest of october,nectar,the funeral portrait,serenity painted death ...it would be even more orgasmic than fucking a couple of virgin nymphomaniac teenagers

ive seen it in you tube
but they almost dont play it
like demon of the fall
and i dont know why this one is their most popular,its cool bue,they haver better ones

Demon of the fall, is such a great closer to concerts. Alot of people know it. and it has the "run away run away" part. And the song ends with the acoustics. Like sends us off on a pretty, and calm note after 2 hours of metal music. I think it works anyways.

Demon of the fall, is such a great closer to concerts. Alot of people know it. and it has the "run away run away" part. And the song ends with the acoustics. Like sends us off on a pretty, and calm note after 2 hours of metal music. I think it works anyways.

I don't like it when they end with that song. If I had my way, Opeth would never again play it live! The ultimate closing song is Blackwater Park!

I think blackwater park is good right before the encore. as it was on their 2005 tour.

However if they included the little acoustic dilly at the end of the song live, i might change my stance. I just think that ending a concert on a pretty note is a classy thing to do.

Never seen any video or heard audio with April ethereal or White cluster..

I dont understand you

In youtube,there are thousands of live videos of them playing white cluster

And like 3 of April Ethereal

btw,they should play more THE MOOR

there is one video in yt,but they usually dont include it

i wonder WHY OPETH DONT USE ACOUSTIC GUITARS in the live shows??

they should,cause that instrument is the reason why they sound so brilliant in the records,but LIVE without it,it sucks ,its just not the same emotion,.feeling,the songs sound weak

mike and peter should have one guitar each,in the atril

edit..peter isnt anymore in opeth i forgot it :'(
i just cant get used to that

I dont understand you

In youtube,there are thousands of live videos of them playing white cluster

And like 3 of April Ethereal

btw,they should play more THE MOOR

there is one video in yt,but they usually dont include it

i wonder WHY OPETH DONT USE ACOUSTIC GUITARS in the live shows??

they should,cause that instrument is the reason why they sound so brilliant in the records,but LIVE without it,it sucks ,its just not the same emotion,.feeling,the songs sound weak

mike and peter should have one guitar each,in the atril

edit..peter isnt anymore in opeth i forgot it :'(
i just cant get used to that
Mike sometimes plays a 12-string acoustic on Closure.

the reason apperently opeth doesnt use acoustics live are because acoustics cost very much, and are easly to damage in the touring life style. Also switching between acoustic, and electric on a dime every song would be quite tiring, and probably hard to pull off.

the reason apperently opeth doesnt use acoustics live are because acoustics cost very much, and are easly to damage in the touring life style. Also switching between acoustic, and electric on a dime every song would be quite tiring, and probably hard to pull off.

says you! I read on wikipedia that Mikael Åkerfeldt has trained for years as a ninja and can move so fast he actually stops time. So in theory, he can run back to his house.. eat a "Marzariner" take a shit, grab his acoustic, tune it and be back before anybody in the crowd even realizes it.

says you! I read on wikipedia that Mikael Åkerfeldt has trained for years as a ninja and can move so fast he actually stops time. So in theory, he can run back to his house.. eat a "Marzariner" take a shit, grab his acoustic, tune it and be back before anybody in the crowd even realizes it.

lol and even play BRI reversely