Opeth songs, and playing them.

Apr 14, 2004
In a dank and dungeony dorm room
I can play a shit load of Opeth songs. I was playing Wreath a lil bit ago and realized how boring it is to play. What songs do think are the most/least fun to play?

And I did search the forum for a thread like this, but it brought up an assload of pages, so i dont care.:saint:

FRUGiHOYi said:
I don't know about least fun, but I really like playing The Funeral Portrait.

yes, thats lots of fun to play, also I like playing The Leper Affinity, The Moor, and Closure.

Patterns in the Ivy 2.....so far my fav one to play and sing ....actualyl im gonna post a video...i did a couple takes....will decided whcih one was better and post it.....hahaha.......sorry got off topic there...sorta...hahaha.......also I love playing TBYFW and Hope leaves...!!....PEAC EOUT

i agree, they can be rather boring to play, yet i know soooo many and play them all the time...

i really enjoy playing the moor, godheads lament, to bid you farewell, blackwater park and windowpane.

AFJ is fun to play from the clean interlude to the solo, but the rest is repetitive and boring. The Leper Affinity is probably the least repetitive and most interesting track to play, riffs in that song are generally not recycled.

well then is it more fun to play songs from orchid and morningrise? they dont recycle anything really.

opeth_353 said:
When is always a blast!

Personally i think Moonlapse Vertigo is not only their best song, but one of the most ..Satisfying to play.

I just began playing "when" and it is fun!

Playing masters apprentices puts me to sleep :ill:

I'm useless enough at the guitar for most Opeth songs to be a fun challenge and some of them to be a bit beyond me for the time being, so none of their songs are boring for me.

waz416c said:
Patterns in the Ivy 2.....so far my fav one to play and sing ....actualyl im gonna post a video...i did a couple takes....will decided whcih one was better and post it.....hahaha.......sorry got off topic there...sorta...hahaha.......also I love playing TBYFW and Hope leaves...!!....PEAC EOUT

i actually am looking forward to seeing this

I've always liked playing their slower songs eg. hope leaves, ending credits, patterns in the ivy, a fair judgement... I also like demon of the fall.
Personally I prefer their shorter songs aswell (less repetition)
But my all time favourite has to be face of melinda, I can only play a fraction of it though... I wish I could do more