Opeth songs, and playing them.

I like to play the moor, leper affinity, and the funeral portrait. I have the most fun with my friend who can play the other guitar parts for drapery falls, night and the silent water and the forest of october. coolest and most fun opeth songs to play you need a partner otherwise it seems empty. harmony is the shit

Well I just don't have that kind of finely tuned ear,
or the time to de-construct the song in it's entirety!

Basically what can you offer for someone of my
lazy disposition?

Regardless of your feelings about the program, guitar pro tabs tend to be crappier unless they're copies of the power tabs. Basically every opeth song has been power tabbed and only some have been guitar pro'd (and a fair amount of those are copies or crud). The power tab for TNATSW is pretty damn good, I haven't looked at the guitar pro one.

wankerness said:
Regardless of your feelings about the program, guitar pro tabs tend to be crappier unless they're copies of the power tabs. Basically every opeth song has been power tabbed and only some have been guitar pro'd (and a fair amount of those are copies or crud). The power tab for TNATSW is pretty damn good, I haven't looked at the guitar pro one.

I think we've argued about this before. And Im not going to do it again.

Well, it's a fact that a few months ago the only GP tabs for Ghost Reveries were some incomplete versions of TGC and GOP, while the entire thing was in powertab. Maybe that's changed since. The earlier albums are also more thinly represented on GP.

makethestringscry said:
Maybe thats because you can be a lil more sound specific with GP....lets say with.....everything other than a guitar and bass.

? People don't use it cause they can do more with it? I was actually using it recently and was not pleased to discover it can't actually have more instruments in a score than powertab (besides drums), they need to beef up their midi capabilities.

Platinum Maze said:
Considering wankerness is a God when it comes to tabbing, I'm siding with him. I can't play of them dude, but your Opeth tabs are amazing.

http://www.powertabs.net/artist.php?param=pattern,566,100;page,0

You wouldn't happen to know where this entire ptab archive is "located" now, would you? :saint:

What do you mean? You can download from that link.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I'm logged in - just make an account on there and it will work fine. Alternatively you could go to www.ultimate-guitar.com but it's out of date and the server is slow and annoying to navigate.

wankerness said:
What do you mean? You can download from that link.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I'm logged in - just make an account on there and it will work fine. Alternatively you could go to www.ultimate-guitar.com but it's out of date and the server is slow and annoying to navigate.

Jeez, I feel like an idiot. I haven't used it in a while, so I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. duh. It used to log me in automatically. I know the site wasn't working for a while...how long has it been back up?

Anyway, thanks again.

ps - that ultimate-guitar site IS annoying.