Worst or less great Opeth songs

always the threads are about "the best...."

I play in a Opeth tribute band. the band was talking about what song will be the next to play and learn... the drummer said "let´s play moonlapse vertigo"
I said "no!!, let`s play a better song like White Cluster, By The Pain I See In Others or Wreath...

there are songs you dislike or like less than others?

my Opeth songs in that range:

dirge for november
funeral portrait
patterns in the ivy (I and II)
atonement
weakness
ending credits
all GR album except Ghost of Perdition and The Baying Of The Hounds

what are yours?

bye

I certainly disagree about Dirge for November and Patterns of the Ivy; and Wreath and By the Pain I see in Others are incredibly underrated in my opinion.

Generally speaking, I think that Opeth's songwriting really improved on Blackwater Park although there are some gems on previous albums. Ghost Reveries is Opeth by the numbers to me except for Isolation Years, which is, I believe, an incredible songwriting accomplishment.

I love every Opeth song, except I never really got into the Still Life album for some reason. I have certainly tried, but it just doesn't compare to their other work of arts, imo.

try listening again to these 3 songs: The Moor/Godheads Lament/Serenity Painted Death...and then tell me that any song off Morningrise is better ;-p

Morningrise is beautiful. It might sound sloppy and amateur compared to Still Life or Ghost Reveries, but that doesn't stop it from being my personal favorite Opeth album.

try listening again to these 3 songs: The Moor/Godheads Lament/Serenity Painted Death...and then tell me that any song off Morningrise is better ;-p

I have currenly took your advice and it sounds a lot better than the first time I heard the album. My favorite track so far is Benighted. I probably didn't think it was as great as the others, because when I first listened to it was when I first got into Opeth.

I have currenly took your advice and it sounds a lot better than the first time I heard the album. My favorite track so far is Benighted. I probably didn't think it was as great as the others, because when I first listened to it was when I first got into Opeth.
:)
but I'm not saying Morningrise is bad. it's a great album and I used to adore it. My favourite is BWP though. I think every song is a masterpiece on that one

Only three come to mind:

"The Twilight is my Robe" - It doesn't really flow well, in my opinion.
"Dirge For November" - Bores the hell out of me. But the outro is pretty good.
"Weakness" - Absolutely nothing special about it.

Alot of people have been saying they dislike "Beneath the Mire", a song that I love. Yes, the intro isn't anything to shout about, but the rest of the song blows me away. I crap my pants every time during the climax at the end.

Something's wrong with you guys! :loco: The Grand Conjuration is one of Opeth's best tracks.

However, the song that I really dislike is Black Rose Immortal. You just keep listening and the song is just endless, there's nothing in it much attractive that keeps you listening to it.

I disagree. There's plenty in that song which is attractive; it's just too damn long. If they'd split it up into a few sections, it would be much more palatable, in my opinion.

Something's wrong with you guys! :loco: The Grand Conjuration is one of Opeth's best tracks.

However, the song that I really dislike is Black Rose Immortal. You just keep listening and the song is just endless, there's nothing in it much attractive that keeps you listening to it.

lol you're a dumb kid