Songs Opeth Has Played

EternalMetal

Mar 31, 2004
I tried to compile a list of songs that Opeth has played so far in America. From using the search of the forum, I backtracked a few years of Opeth touring and got this list:

Orchid:
- Under The Weeping Moon
- Forest of October

Morningrise:
- To Bid You Farewell
- Advent

My Arms your Hearse:
- Demon Of The Fall
- The Amen Corner
- When
- April Ethereal
- Credence

Still Life:
- The Moor
- Benighted
- Face Of Melinda
- White Cluster
- Godhead's Lament
- Moonlapse Vertigo

Blackwater Park:
- The Leper Affinity
- Bleak
- The Drapery Falls
- Blackwater Park
- Harvest

Deliverance:
- Master's Apprentices
- Deliverance
- A Fair Judgement

Damnation:
- Windowpane
- In My Time of Need
- Death Whispered A Lullaby
- Closure
- Hope Leaves
- To Rid The Disease
- Weakness
- Ending Credits

Ghost Reveries:
- Ghost of Perdition
- The Baying of The Hounds
- Beneath The Mire (??)
- The Grand Conjuration

Or an alphabetized list:
- April Ethereal
- Benighted
- Beneath The Mire(??)
- Blackwater Park
- Bleak
- Closure
- Death Whispered A Lullaby
- Deliverance
- Demon Of The Fall
- Face Of Melinda
- Ghost Of Perdition
- Hope Leaves
- In my Time of Need
- Master's Apprentices
- The Amen Corner
- The Baying Of The Hounds
- The Drapery Falls
- The Grand Conjuration
- The Leper Affinity
- The Moor
- To Bid You Farewell
- To Rid The Disease
- Under The Weeping Moon
- Weakness
- White Cluster
- When
- Windowpane
- Ending Credits
- Advent
- Godhead's Lament
- Credence
- A Fair Judgement
- Harvest
- Forest of October
- Moonlapse Vertigo

I think I may have missed a few. I think I remember people talking about them playing Dirge For November, By the Pain I see In Others, Advent, Nectar, and Moonlapse Vertigo, but im not totally sure. They may have been part of a wishlist thing. But this list is what I gathered. Be sure to add to it if you know of other songs played here in America.

prowlergrig said:
lol yea cos playing songs outside of america is practically worthless :rolleyes:

Its for the Chronology gig.

"The setlist boasts no less than 4 songs that never before have been played on American soil and several others that haven't been played for years!"

Yea, so for this tour, songs played outside of America are worthless to consider.

prowlergrig said:
lol yea cos playing songs outside of america is practically worthless :rolleyes:

I'd wager the reason for this is because for the three seated shows they said they would play songs "never played in America."

Yeah, just looked at the news post.

The band promise a very varied setlist and songs never ever played before live! The setlist boasts no less than 4 songs that never before have been played on American soil

They also played Moonlapse Vertigo at Milwaukee Metalfest in 2000 (as well as Forest of October)

Forest of October was also played on the 2001 US Tour at least in Chicago as listed in the bootleg setlist.

paradoxile said:
how about just writing
every possible opeth song except Black Rose Immortal

I did this in about 5 seconds

Well, that wouldnt be right then would it? :Smug:

And im going to keep editing this post as people keep adding more. It will be a good list of songs so that we can at least expect what songs Opeth is going to play.

If they never played The Funeral Portrait im really hoping for that.

EternalMetal said:
Well, that wouldnt be right then would it? :Smug:

And im going to keep editing this post as people keep adding more. It will be a good list of songs so that we can at least expect what songs Opeth is going to play.

If they never played The Funeral Portrait im really hoping for that.

after the chronology concerts...I'll probably be right, unless they do play BRI

funeral portrait is probably the easiest heavy opeth track to play.. and it sounds awesome.. so how come it never gets played live? :\

SPLASTiK said:
They also played Moonlapse Vertigo at Milwaukee Metalfest in 2000
That was my favorite Opeth song at the time, and I started crying when they opened with it, like they were the fucking New Kids on the Block or something.

daz436 said:
funeral portrait is probably the easiest heavy opeth track to play.. and it sounds awesome.. so how come it never gets played live? :\

Thats why Im expecting/hoping they are going to play it.

Lina said:
That was my favorite Opeth song at the time, and I started crying when they opened with it, like they were the fucking New Kids on the Block or something.

lmao, the day I see them play serenity painted death I think I'm gonna start sobbing like a baby when he gets to the 'at last weak and torn' bit.. seriously man

a rofl nazi said:
when did they play beneath the mire??

They didnt? I thought I saw it somewhere, it was one of those one songs that I really thought I saw on a recent setlilst. Ill put a question mark next to it.

Don't know why I'm responding to this really, but you seem to wanna know.
Many of the songs you guys thought we'd never played we actually have played.

From the first album all songs have been played live except for "Requiem" and "Silhouette". At one gig in 1994 we did all the "Orchid" songs (incl. "Under the weeping moon") apart from those two.

All Morningrise songs have been played apart from "The night and the silent water". We did a brief version of "Black rose immortal" in High Wycombe/UK in 1995. Morningrise wasn't recorded by then and the song was not finished, but it still counts....30 people or so saw it.

All of MAYH have been played apart from the instrumentals + "Karma".

All songs from Still life apart from "The moor" which we are rehearsing right now....hard track to play!!

All BWP songs apart from the instrumental + the title track (which we're also rehearsing + "Dirge for November". We did "The funeral portrait" during a short 7 gig UK tour in 2002.

From Deliverance we haven't played "Wreath" and "By the pain I see in others" I think BTPISIO is impossible to play, but I'd like to give it a go...it's so fucked up it'll be hard to get it right. That makes it extra interesting!

Obviously all the "Damnation" tracks have been played live.
Hope that answers your questions!
See ya s

This was from a few years ago, but some of the tracks still apply. Hopefully he plays By the Pain..., as he claims its impossible :) And BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL! He can do it! :lol: