Fan Boy thread # 23908435908

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
I wish Opeth would play some of the clean songs off of GR on this tour. I was always kind of baffled that they never played anything but, GOP, TGC, and Baying of the Hounds. I dunno, kinda weird, since mike liked the album so much. and and the fact that he has played almost every opeth song live (that i know of, except, Wreath, By the pain, karma, dirge for november, and funeral portrait)

and wouldn't that be a cool set list?

1. Wreath
2.Funeral Portrait
3.By the Pain I see in others
4. Atonement
5.Hours of Wealth
6.Karma
7.Dirge for November
8.Isolation Years
(Even leaves room for the final song)

Not exactly my ideal or favorite set list wish, but a fucking interesting one none the less. :loco:

I'd go see that gig for sure! I dont like Funeral Portrait, but still. If only Opeth would come to play at Club Teatria Oulu!

and and the fact that he has played almost every opeth song live (that i know of, except, Wreath, By the pain, karma, dirge for november, and funeral portrait)
Why do people always assume that Opeth haven't played certain songs live? Have you been to all their gigs or something? I can tell you for a fact that at least Karma has been played live because I saw it in person.

Funeral Portrait has been played too, I'm fairly sure.

I wouldn't see the point in seeing that song live though- the vocal harmonies at the end really makes the song for me and they couldn't do them live.

I really don't like that setlist - concentrates too much on the Blackwater Park upwards albums. Songs should be more evenly spaced out, with emphasis on new material.

and and the fact that he has played almost every opeth song live (that i know of, except, Wreath, By the pain, karma, dirge for november, and funeral portrait)

They have played funeral portrait and karma live before.

There have been lots of lists made before to what hassnt been played live, on this forum. From memory its

The Apostle in Triumph
Black Rose Immortal
Nectar
Wreath
BTPISIO

and most of GR

on another note I would love to see April Ethereal, Advent or In Mist She Was Standing

From Ghost Reveries I'd love to hear Beneath the Mire and Harelequin Forest ... Those two plus a few songs from Wathershed and a song each from Orchid and Morningrise that they haven't played for a very long time ... (preferrably Nectar and The Twilight is my robe) would make the backbone of a very interesting setlist for upcoming tours ...

Whatever they play I can't wait to see them live again ...

I wish Opeth would play some of the clean songs off of GR on this tour. I was always kind of baffled that they never played anything but, GOP, TGC, and Baying of the Hounds. I dunno, kinda weird, since mike liked the album so much. and and the fact that he has played almost every opeth song live (that i know of, except, Wreath, By the pain, karma, dirge for november, and funeral portrait)

and wouldn't that be a cool set list?

1. Wreath
2.Funeral Portrait
3.By the Pain I see in others
4. Atonement
5.Hours of Wealth
6.Karma
7.Dirge for November
8.Isolation Years
(Even leaves room for the final song)

Not exactly my ideal or favorite set list wish, but a fucking interesting one none the less. :loco:

Interesting..yes, but I would be dissapointed beyond belief; cause this list is pretty much a list of the songs I like the least from an otherwise divine band; "Wreath" and "Karma" excepted :) But interesting, indeed.

They have played funeral portrait and karma live before.

There have been lots of lists made before to what hassnt been played live, on this forum. From memory its

The Apostle in Triumph
Black Rose Immortal
Nectar
Wreath
BTPISIO

and most of GR

on another note I would love to see April Ethereal, Advent or In Mist She Was Standing

I'm pretty sure Mike once said they played BRI in ful in a pub in England in front of about 20 people or something?

And they've never played Nectar live??? What the fuck's up with that?

I'm posting this twice just because everyone is asking about it (the other being in the Mullet thread).

Don't know why I'm responding to this really, but you seem to wanna know.
Many of the songs you guys thought we'd never played we actually have played.

From the first album all songs have been played live except for "Requiem" and "Silhouette". At one gig in 1994 we did all the "Orchid" songs (incl. "Under the weeping moon") apart from those two.

All Morningrise songs have been played apart from "The night and the silent water". We did a brief version of "Black rose immortal" in High Wycombe/UK in 1995. Morningrise wasn't recorded by then and the song was not finished, but it still counts....30 people or so saw it.

All of MAYH have been played apart from the instrumentals + "Karma".

All songs from Still life apart from "The moor" which we are rehearsing right now....hard track to play!!

All BWP songs apart from the instrumental + the title track (which we're also rehearsing + "Dirge for November". We did "The funeral portrait" during a short 7 gig UK tour in 2002.

From Deliverance we haven't played "Wreath" and "By the pain I see in others" I think BTPISIO is impossible to play, but I'd like to give it a go...it's so fucked up it'll be hard to get it right. That makes it extra interesting!

Obviously all the "Damnation" tracks have been played live.
Hope that answers your questions!
See ya soon!
Mike

Obviously they have since played The Night and the Silent Water, The Moor, and Blackwater Park...and according to FRUGiHOYi, Karma, though I don't remember hearing about them playing that.