Opeth live...exeter

Are Opeth a little too staid live?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Hey man, like you try and play that and move around at the same time!

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juvenilecokefiend

Head-fuck fetishist
May 22, 2002
going nowhere
www.geocities.com
Saw Opeth at the midsummer nightmare thingie...they don't move much, do they? after seeing Arch Enemy really go fucking wild, Opeth just standing there and strumming, like someone had nailed them to the floor, was a bit of a disappointment. Musically they blew me away...I was something of an Opeth novice, but someone should stand behind Mikael with a cattle prod and fucking get him going every 5 minutes or so.

Originally posted by juvenilecokefiend
Saw Opeth at the midsummer nightmare thingie...they don't move much, do they? after seeing Arch Enemy really go fucking wild, Opeth just standing there and strumming, like someone had nailed them to the floor, was a bit of a disappointment. Musically they blew me away...I was something of an Opeth novice, but someone should stand behind Mikael with a cattle prod and fucking get him going every 5 minutes or so.

Maybe Arch Enemy go wild in order to compensate for a deficiency elsewhere... ;)

I never thought of Opeth as 'jump around' music really...I think that they would rather concentrate on playing that running around the stage:)

Yeah, but even the most grandiose of prog metal bands at least leave the spot they're on once or twice. And Arch Enemy really got a pretty energetic crowd reaction (and no, they're not crap, they can play their instruments), whereas even the most old school death metallers were feeling a little dubious about moving around in Opeth's set, because the band were so static. I'm not asking for Olympic gymnastics...

Yeah, but even the most grandiose of prog metal bands at least leave the spot they're on once or twice. And Arch Enemy really got a pretty energetic crowd reaction (and no, they're not crap, they can play their instruments), whereas even the most old school death metallers were feeling a little dubious about moving around in Opeth's set, because the band were so static. I'm not asking for Olympic gymnastics...

You don't get it.

Opeth's music is not music designed for jumping around. Why would they jump around? It would look really silly if they started to jump about during Credence or something.

Why not just headbang?:lol: