Under The Weeping Moon
Bleak
Face Of Melinda
The Night And The Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Demon Of The Fall

Yup, they changed up the setlist a bit. It was fucking unreal. First time I've seen Ghost of Perdition, UTWP, TNATSW, and Windowpane... Awesome. There were a few people around me who also knew the setlist of the few nights before and were equally happy to see a couple of surprises. Akerfeldt was on form with his comedy act again, heh.. I am probably going to sit here for a few more hours and listen to Opeth. ahh!

OMG thats epic!! UTWM & DOTF!!! I wonder if it'll change for the exeter gig im going to?? btw me and a mate are going from plymouth uni, dunno if anyone else here is from plym uni and wants to meet up??

EDIT: Does the acoustic bit at 7:30 on UTWM sound as hauntingly emotional (or just damn awesome) as the record?

Ghost Of Perdition
When
Under The Weeping Moon
Face Of Melinda
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Demon Of The Fall

That was the actual Birmingham setlist.. No Bleak, When was played instead

Ghost Of Perdition
Under The Weeping Moon
Bleak
Face Of Melinda
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Demon Of The Fall

Yup, they changed up the setlist a bit. It was fucking unreal. First time I've seen Ghost of Perdition, UTWP, TNATSW, and Windowpane... Awesome. There were a few people around me who also knew the setlist of the few nights before and were equally happy to see a couple of surprises. Akerfeldt was on form with his comedy act again, heh.. I am probably going to sit here for a few more hours and listen to Opeth. ahh!

Sorry to nitpick, but at Birmingham they played When second and did not play Bleak...
So there were quite a few oldies in this set, holy crap it was amazing!

EDIT: Ah sorry I see someone else pointed this out whilst I was still writing :p...

RossUK said:
EDIT: Does the acoustic bit at 7:30 on UTWM sound as hauntingly emotional (or just damn awesome) as the record?

In a word: yes...the atmosphere evoked as well as the guitar sounds used were a bit different, but it was still just as emotive and haunting and amazing as on record...hearing that track live was quite an experience, and was quite unexpected too (I confess I saw the previous setlists here before hand and so when Mikael started tlaking about a really old song I was expecting TNASW so was stunned and frothing at the mouth when he said it was to be a song from Orchid) - the interlude in the middle of of the song was pulled off amazing and it was so atmospheric and intense...hearing TNASW may have been even more incredible though...tis such a fantastic song and it seems such an amazing song live as well. Mikael growled/screamed rather than whispered the "You sleep in the light In the night and the..." etc. bit and it may have sounded even more brilliant that way, God that is an intense ending...and When too, was just, awe-inspiring....phew, what a night...

Ghost Of Perdition
When
Under The Weeping Moon
Face Of Melinda
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Demon Of The Fall

That was the actual Birmingham setlist.. No Bleak, When was played instead

After listening to opeth for about a year, and all albums equally, that setlist, and this saturday for the first time seeing them. Well... :headbang: \m/... thats all :loco:

haha, fuck.. I had copied the setlist from someone else's post and edited it, being a lazy ass.. I accidentally replaced When instead of Bleak.

I can totally agree with which ever one of you said it. Demon not the closer, something is terribly wrong.

Yeah, im pretty sure it was:

Ghost Of Perdition
When
Under The Weeping Moon
Face Of Melinda
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Probably a slightly different order, and I had to run back to get the train just after Blackwater Park, so don't know the encore.

Amazing night though, PL were better than I thought they would be. Managed to get Greg Mackintosh's guitar pick :headbang:, a nice custom one with a silver crown of thorns logo on one side and 'Paradise Lost' on the other.

Was right at the front for Opeth, just left of MA. Peter's guitar was almost silent for the first 3 or 4 songs :erk:, Had to strain to hear him playing his solo's. Seemed to get better after that though. MA was pretty funny as alot of you have said, can't remember much of it, but before one song he goes something like:

"Tonight we are here to entertain you, with our music..... and sexyness. Watch out for our sexyness in this song, I will be thinking of tits." :lol: Lots of people shouting "Get you tits out!!" to MA after that lol.

Great night :kickass:, apart from sprinting up and down exter's hills to get back to the train in time :puke:.

why do people call him MA? its like your saying massachusetts or somthing.

edit: yes its obvious his name is mikael akerfeldt, so dont say somthing stupid like that