Opeth newbie, likely setlist 9th Nov London?

setspeed

New Metal Member
Sep 23, 2006
Im quite new to Opeth, i really started listening to them because im going to see Paradise Lost in London on 9th Nov, and Opeth "happened" to be headlining! Since then ive obviously learnt the error of my ways an discovered Opeth are awesome.
Anyway a friend of mine who isnt really into metal that much is coming with me. Shes the kinda gal who likes a lot of different things, but i was a bit stuck as to what to give her to introduce her to Opeth. Ive since decided it might a good idea to find out a likely setlist for this gig and then make a cd up of those songs - that way she can listen before we go and i know that she'll end up loving them once she hears it all played live.
So, any idea what the setlist is likely to be at The Roundhouse on 9th Nov?

Wreath
By The Pain I See In Others
Bleak
The Moor
Beneath The Mire

Thats it :Smug:

a n00b making fun of a n00b... now I've seen everything :loco:

but Wreath and The Moor in one setlist = <3

I really have no idea what the setlist could be, there's was a fair bit from the newest album last time. But this tour isn't in aid of that so I imagine that they'd play at least one song off each album. If this is the case then, if the only have time for 9 songs like last time, or perhaps slightly more, then they could play perhaps one song off each album +1 more, and perhaps Soldier of Fortune.

Now that would be a good gig.

Apparently their setlist on Gigantour in the States at the moment is:

Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Windowpane
Deliverance
Leper Affinity

Would that likely be similar dya reckon?

Well from what people have told me on this board they're not getting a very long set on Gigantour. You need to bare in mind this is their gig, Paradise Lost are only support, and it's their second big UK gig since joining Roarunner, I think RR will most likely have put a lot more money and time into this than last time. Two hours is a believable set length, and all of those songs are feasible, plus a few more. On the otherhand if they've been playing that mainly on Gigantour who's to say they'd want to continue a similar set on the UK leg of thier tour, remember bands like to vary their sets otherwise they just get board.

That's a good start, you could add the classics like The Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park and Demon of the Fall in there...

oh and ''When'' is played often live also

Orkide said:
That's a good start, you could add the classics like The Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park and Demon of the Fall in there...

oh and ''When'' is played often live also

Be aware that they haven't played any of these songs in forever.

Powers said:
and it's their second big UK gig since joining Roarunner, I think RR will most likely have put a lot more money and time into this than last time.

Im not entirely sure that record companies put any money at all into tours.....

I would have thought GoP and TGC are fairly likely - I think those are a couple of the GR songs Opeth quite like to play live although they were both on the setlist last November in London.