Opeth in London + New Album

Originally posted by Hail Eris!
Is it too soon to ask if the double ablum is gonna be split into a mellow CD and a Heavy CD? I've heard rumors but doubt thier legitimacy.
yes, this was confirmed here by lora a while ago.

And DrX, you mean you missed them??? They played TWO shows at Jaxx in Springfield, VA, this past April and May!

No, there is not a name for the new album yet. I am sure the band has loads of ideas, but nothing has been decided. As far as the direction of the new album(s), the 2 album idea is looking likely. However, the idea that one will be heavy and one will be mellow is...well, it's not that simple. It won't be that black and white, if you know what I mean. Yes, it is the general idea, but there will be several twists to it. What Mike and the band want to do is very ambitious and all the ideas that are kicking around are still 'in progress.' Regardless of what they decide to do, I have every confidence that it will be amazing (i.e. it will be Opeth!).

Originally posted by Lora @ MFN
My god, Opeth were incredible at The Underworld in London!!! OK, so maybe that is an obvious thing to say...but so true. Seeing the band again was brilliant! They are in good spirits and looking forward to getting home and working on the album(s). We talked quite a lot about the 2 album idea and Mike is very passionate about it. As a label, we have to think about the logistics of a major project like this as we would want it to be just right, both for you and the band. Regardless, Mike and the band have a solid vision of what they want to do and I trust the creative genius of Opeth 100%. We are just in the process of discussing exactly how it would be done. I am sure you'll be hearing a lot more about it next year.

Thanks so much to everyone who has gone out and supported Opeth on their European tour! The guys appreciate it.

I Milano.....idem!!!!:)

Originally posted by Lora @ MFN
My god, Opeth were incredible at The Underworld in London!!! OK, so maybe that is an obvious thing to say...but so true. Seeing the band again was brilliant! They are in good spirits and looking forward to getting home and working on the album(s). We talked quite a lot about the 2 album idea and Mike is very passionate about it. As a label, we have to think about the logistics of a major project like this as we would want it to be just right, both for you and the band. Regardless, Mike and the band have a solid vision of what they want to do and I trust the creative genius of Opeth 100%. We are just in the process of discussing exactly how it would be done. I am sure you'll be hearing a lot more about it next year.

Thanks so much to everyone who has gone out and supported Opeth on their European tour! The guys appreciate it.

Sorry,
In Milano...idem!!!They are great...:)

thanks for the updates Lora. Tell Opeth that they have many of fans that would love to see them live again and to make sure they keep touring in the states as well as europe and aussie, and I'm sure there are people in south and central america that would love to see them :headbang:

I saw them in Frankfurt on 28-11 and they were cool I was mad because I had to leave half why through there set to catch the last s-bahn, but I can't wait till they start touring again. Again I want to thank you Lora for every think that you've done for us and Opeth

Mmmm I´m maby a bit late but anyway, is there going to be a scandinavian tour, anyone???

And it´s great to get updates on the band and the newe album(s)

Yes, and Australia?

I don't think many people realise that Opeth will most likely sell out wherever they play.

MELBOURNE is the capital for esotericism.

I really hope they tour.

yeah

i second those sentiments, requiem.

it would be a terrible shame if they didn't play some shows in australia. i've been looking forward to seeing them immensely.

opeth, please come to sydney.

Lora - these updates are greatly appreciated, as it is not heresay. I am quite excited about this new project - actually, I'd be excited with a new Opeth bumper sticker (I have one, but can't find it) or other Opeth stuff.

I hope the "difficulty" in this endeavor doesn't trun into frustration - and I hope they aren't biting off more than they can chew. Personally, I think Opeth could pull off anything they want - so I'll just sit back and wait for the release.

By the way, will it be long before they come back and play in the states? I'll never get over missing them at the Palladium in Worcester, MA back in May. I've still got the tickets in my car to remind me of this great loss.

yeah i cant wait for the double album thingy. :hotjump: and again i'd like to say that the london gig was brilliant.

this double album talk is making me really excited, i only hope that Opeth just go for it and take that risk. i mean do what they think is best, and not what others think is best.

(its a bit cliched now so i wont bother saying thanks for the updates :rolleyes: :D )

Hey there Lora :D
Paid for work THIS good! :D
Australian tour, Blackwater Park DVD, Australian tour, Blackwater Park DVD, Australian tour, Blackwater Park DVD, Australian tour...:)

Originally posted by Jo
Hey there Lora :D
Paid for work THIS good! :D
Australian tour, Blackwater Park DVD, Australian tour, Blackwater Park DVD, Australian tour, Blackwater Park DVD, Australian tour...:)

you'd think she was trying to tell you something wouldn't you Lora, but i cant quite put my finger on it...:p

I can't help but long for Opeth to obtain commercial success. Can't you folks just imagine a song with the likeness of "Face of Melinda" (for example) getting airplay on US radio stations. Then thousands or a million people go out and but the record, listen to it, and go, "Whoa! I did not expect that!" I wish that would happen. They deserve to make a lot of money.