Opeth CDs in London

MountainDweller

Under The Dark Moon
May 1, 2001
Back in the Hellhole called Texas.
If any of you guys live near London and are looking for copies of Opeth CDs without the logo on the cover, one of the HMV stores on Oxford street has them. Quite cool. Also, both HMV stores carry a good amount of Opeth and one of them just has the ones with bonus tracks. Quite nice. See ya.

Originally posted by MountainDweller
If any of you guys live near London and are looking for copies of Opeth CDs without the logo on the cover, one of the HMV stores on Oxford street has them. Quite cool. Also, both HMV stores carry a good amount of Opeth and one of them just has the ones with bonus tracks. Quite nice. See ya.

is there any way u could tell me how i can get there? :) i'm in brighton.. i've got the re-released versions of the 3 first albums.. but i want the other ones too

Originally posted by MountainDweller

yeah i could easily spend an hour in the Oxford street store. bond street one (10 mins away) is smaller but sometimes has different cds to oxford street. i love the metal section there anyway. i got diabolical masquerade - nightwork and Ravendusk In My Heart last time down there, also Resurection Records in Camden is excellent for lesser known cds, videos and magazines.

oh come on.. tell me how i can get to some metal stores.. I've been in the uk for about 5 months.. and I haven't seen a single HEAVY METAL store!
Now that I come to think about it.. I haven't even seen a single english metalhead :p except for that opeth concert..

Originally posted by TheMindzI
oh come on.. tell me how i can get to some metal stores.. I've been in the uk for about 5 months.. and I haven't seen a single HEAVY METAL store!
Now that I come to think about it.. I haven't even seen a single english metalhead :p except for that opeth concert..

Well, HMV has a good metal section, though it's weird to see bands like Blink-182 and New Found Glory mixed in there....
Anyway, they have loads of metal CDs. I haven't really seen any "metal stores", but I wish I would find one because I'd like to look for some Opeth shirts. I can't wear my Opeth shirts because they're WAY too big for me. I need a medium.

Oh, I've crossed paths with a couple of metalheads on the streets, but I haven't talked with any.

Originally posted by TheMindzI
Could u tell me how I can get to London's HMV? I live in Brighton..

ok get yourself onto the London Underground, then go to CENTERAL line amongst many others and get to Oxford street, alternatively take an extra stop and go to Bond street, and the HMV is right outside the station, cant miss it. also go to Camden and resurection records, nothing else good down there except stuff for slipknot, linkin park etc fans. MountainDweller where abouts in london are you.

Originally posted by _Transparent_

so when u coming to London? you should try and come when theres a gig or something, kill 2 birds with one stone.

i've just been there once.. for the opeth concert.. and then it was too late to take a look around (i was on my own anyway and didn't know any place to go to) so i got home.. i don't know any metalheads here.. it sux.. maybe if we could meet up or something..

You would be INSANE to buy CDs from HMV when you can get exactly the same one for nearly half price from www.season-of-mist.com . Ressurection are a touch cheaper than HMV, but then they're making more profit as they import their CDs from Audioglobe in Italy. The strength of the UK Pound against the Euro means CDs from abroad are cheaper than ever. Why not take advantage before the UK finally plunges into the EU oblivion?

The HMV here in Reading has an average price of £15.99 per CD. Virgin is even worse, but then I'd never give that cunt Branson a penny of my money...

Season Of Mist is about £7.70 per CD. I know who I'm sticking with.

Lee

your right Lee_B BUT HMV has a bigger selection than other shops, and if you dont like the stuff, you can return within 21 days and get your money back. you can usually get stuff on Peacevile re-release for under £10 at HMV and new releases are sometimes cheaper. i got Katatonia - LFDGD for £11 on the week of its release.

i don't know any metalheads here.. it sux

i know a handful. theres loads here into nu-metal, so its annoying hearing people say stuff like, and i quote: ''limp bizkit are the true metal, they're the best metal band around'' :mad:

Originally posted by _Transparent_
i got Katatonia - LFDGD for £11 on the week of its release.

That's because Peaceville's new owners (Snapper) often do deals with shops (buy three, get one free, etc) in order to get them at that price. That CD actually should have been £9.99, but it seems HMV added an extra quid for good measure..

Lee

of course HMV is bloody expensive but the good thing is there is a pretty good selection, you can buy the CD, get it copied, give it back within 60! days, get your money back, get a new CD, go to a different till and buy another one etc.

so with one £15.99 i've got like 20 CDs and got my money back at the end:lol:

Originally posted by Pierogi
so with one £15.99 i've got like 20 CDs and got my money back at the end:lol:

Thanks to the buying power of the likes of HMV, they're generally able to take CDs on sale or return so they don't give a fuck whether it's brought back or not. In order for the CD to be returned to the distributor, it's usual for a member of staff to damage the CD in some way before sending it back (I'd say this was true in 25% of cases) The cost of this return enevitably comes back to the distributor who then passes it on to the record label (labels are usually charged by distributors an admin fee for a return).

Lee