OPETH UPDATE

Lora @ MFN

Music For Nations
Oct 31, 2001
London
www.music-for-nati
Hello!

Just been chatting with Mike and thought I'd post a quick update on how Opeth is doing.

After a nice Christmas break the guys are back to work, concentrating on writing and rehearsing. Mike is really focused and excited about what he is coming up with for the Opeth albums. It's all coming together great. He got some new equipment and set aside a room at home just for writing. The plan is for Opeth to start recording the albums in the Spring.

We are also in the early stages of planning for an Opeth DVD/Video. There is still a lot to be done, but we'd like to have it include footage of the band live, interviews with Opeth and studio footage. We'll keep you posted on how the idea is coming together.

That's all for now...

Originally posted by groteZk
Some time before the European tour (autumn 2001) it was written on: www.opeth.com that a Scandinavian tour was being planned after the European one. Anyone knows anything about what happened to those plans? I want to see the band again soon.......

Yeah, i am wondering that too.
It's a shame that Opeth hasn't played here, in their home country
Sweden, yet (well, besides on the Hultsfred Festival last year). :(

How come?

I was waiting for confirmation about the upcoming album(s). Now I have a reason to continue living. It'll be at least Fall before we get anything, but.. I am happy. MFN is an amazing label, I have to say. How many would actually ask the fans for their opinion on something and then follow up with updates? Not to mention the proper releases and tours Opeth are getting now. And perhaps a DVD. Instant purchase.

-Hondo