Opeth and Dream Theater

I don't know, I guess because they are both so unique in their progressiveness.

And if you put together the emotion of Opeth and technique and fagness of DM, it will turn into a super band.

Mikael doesn't sing on Repentance, he talks. And please, no Petrucci on any Opeth song! Opeth isn't about wankery and playing 2 minute long wanksolos on the guitar. Petrucci has no fucking feeling in his playing.

seriously, one of the best guitar solos EVAR is under a glass moon by DT

if you cant find the feeling in that solo....

tbh it "looks" like there is no feeling when he plays cause he plays it perfect lol

Mikael doesn't sing on Repentance, he talks. And please, no Petrucci on any Opeth song! Opeth isn't about wankery and playing 2 minute long wanksolos on the guitar. Petrucci has no fucking feeling in his playing.

I like how you mentioned the song whose guitar solo probably has the most feeling and emotion out of all DT solos, and then say Petrucci's playing has none.

Repentance, The Spirit Carries On, Lines in the Sand... I could go all day naming DT songs that are plenty emotional.

Long story short, Petrucci playing on an Opeth track doesn't automatically mean he's gonna shred his balls off. Petrucci can play an emotional solo just as well as he can shred. In the end, it'd be up to him and Mikael. More Mikael than Petrucci, but you catch my drift.

dream theater and opeth are my favorite 2 bands and yes it would be cool if petrucci would do a solo on a record. I heard someone say that Petrucci doesnt show any feeling in his solos (Hox... i think that was the username). I know its all opinion but I think he shows emotion as much as Akerfeldt does but yes he does do more shredding stuff. However they are 2 different bands but has the same genre besides the death metal. If u think Petrucci doesnt shows any emotion, listen to songs:

The Spirit Carries On(TimeFrame- 2:50)
Lines In the Sand- (Timeframe- 5:36)
Another Day- (Timeframe- 2:58)
In The Presence of Enemies Part 1- (Timeframe- 2:09)

I think those are some songs where he shows great emotion to his guitar playing and some even has some wankery...

haha wow i just saw silent dance with death's post on how hox said akerfeldt just talks in repentance however that is a song where Petrucci shows great emotion on the solo