Opeth - London - Review

ELA RE ELLADARA..

hey everybody..
I know I dont post here often - I dont really know the forums but whatever ..I only remember Melancholia for the great name and because she is from my country , Greece.
I came to London to pay a visit my girlfriend , see Electric Wizard ,Warhorse and go to the OZZFEST., mostly for TOOL and OZZY...Both events were hmmm...strange - but thats another subject...

Checking trough the dates I saw OPETH on board . I didnt know about that and it wasnt planed.. nevermind , I had to go ..and I did. We both did.. I wanna make clear here , that I dont usually go to concerts with my girlfriend ,of course ,but thats the case here - you get the meaning .. [ regularpaul , you should be here ,buddy :)]

Anyways, I m not the greatest fan of opeth , sure I like them and I got all the albums , just not crazy about them.. Its kind of funny , 'cause its the second time I get to see them by mistake ..or at least were not the main purpose of visit.. -first time was Holland- and I m gona see them again in greece in 2 months.. at last .. but its gonna be in full daylight , something different ..be there !

I didnt even know Arch Enemy were support.. It was a very good gig overall.
oK i m baked , drunk , its late , and I m making a great effort to post here - I should stop it now , everyone's in bed , Im going too.kalinyxta -xex
could you provide me some info about forthcoming gigs?interesting stuff to do while in London? I have all my mornings free..

Dozer @ underworld ,29 May ..(today ) I ll be there. Why not check them out ..? They re from sweden, they play stoner rock, if anyone's interested..

respect the rock
out

Great show overall, even though the sound wasnt that good and once more Mike had to change guitar in the middle of a song :)
i dont know why, turns to get a familiar thing for them having such problems live. Hopefully, the amps will stay where theyre meant to next time.:)
It was really cool to hang around with the guys for a while after the show and make a few pics too with the rest of the Greek losers attending the show :)
Lee, nice to meet you man, you should had stayed for that pic though :)
DogVomit, i had an impression during the whole concert that The Serpent (kabia) is about snitching your nickname :)) just kidding..

Originally posted by butterfly
wwwwaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I missed the gig!!!!!!!!!! I need a comfortable shoulder to cry on!!!!

*Sticks out Shoulder* It's pretty comfortable ;)

Well, unless Opeth gets their asses to the states, I wont be seeing them anytime soon. I guess I'll have to wait for when they tour their next album :rolleyes:

Originally posted by in2thenight
i think i saw 7 dying trees during arch enemy. and i think i saw transparent too, but im not sure.....
i really enjoyed it! withering surface were ok, arch enemy were excellent and opeth were amazing, even tho the sound at the beginning wasnt all that great...
:) :headbang:

Couldn't miss arch enemy :D , not for the world :D

Apart from that, bloody good night. And all hail late night drinking :D

hey MindzI-
um ,nope.. I m not the guy you re talkin about-sorry. I dont think we know each other.. I saw a guy wearing a mayhem shirt - tall , long black hair..is that you ?
where the fuck was everybody?

nice to see this place packed with greek ppl ,though

serpent- what makes you think I m not gonna stick with my girl? Aplles and oranges , man.. I didnt get your point , perhaps..?

I ll be around
cheers !

AND.. is anyone coming to the Dozer show @underworld tonite?
If anyone's gonna be there , drop a line or something .. we got some really nice weed that we are willing to share..- hehe

:eek:

Originally posted by cybernaut
hey MindzI-
um ,nope.. I m not the guy you re talkin about-sorry. I dont think we know each other.. I saw a guy wearing a mayhem shirt - tall , long black hair..is that you ?
where the fuck was everybody?

I'm not tall and I don't like that kind of music u r talking about :p
I met 2 greek guys though... yeah it's nice to meet ppl from our country in concerts here.. Next time speak louder.. someone will get the point :)