An awesome/funny Opeth story

Phlash

He Who Is Not To Be Named
Aug 16, 2006
Somewhere in Nevada
My girlfriend got back from college break and we were listening to Scar Symmetry in my car, and she told me that she had only been able to find a few of their songs. I asked her if she found any Opeth (which she had never heard of before she met me), and she told me that she had been listening to a ton of Opeth while studying for her tests this term.

I immediately dropped my jaw, in both happiness and surprise.
:OMG:

I had bought her one of the $30 tight Opeth girl t-shirts at the concert they had in Worcester at the Palladium, and she was wearing it at school one day, and one of her friends saw it and flipped out in surprise, probably similarly to my reaction, and hooked her up with a ton of Opeth albums. They even watched the Lamentations DVD concert on a theater screen in an unused auditorium with a few other people, which I've never even seen, making me somewhat jealous :).

The funny part of this story is that she has a roomate who sleeps too much and asks my girlfriend to help her get up if her alarm doesn't wake her up, so my girlfriend turns on When from MAYH, which her roomate hates and wakes up immediately to because it starts off all nicely and then goes brutal instantly. Fucking awesome.

That was a well spent $30. :headbang:

When I lived in the dorms my freshmen year of college, I got my roommate into opeth. He had a tough time waking up, and as for me, I'm a very light sleeper. Anyway he would set Ghost of Perdition on his computer to wake him up, and loud as hell, it drove me insane. Prob helped contribute to my loathing of Ghost Reveries.

When I lived in the dorms my freshmen year of college, I got my roommate into opeth. He had a tough time waking up, and as for me, I'm a very light sleeper. Anyway he would set Ghost of Perdition on his computer to wake him up, and loud as hell, it drove me insane. Prob helped contribute to my loathing of Ghost Reveries.

Yeah, I played Sahara from the new Nightwish album to wake up last year. I liked them somewhat when I was bored with everything else but that ruined them for me completely. Ghost of Perdition is an awesome song and I would not ruin it by doing that to myself...

My girlfriend enjoys Harvest, Atonement, and other Opeth softer songs. Although recently i got her into Masters Apprentice and she likes the growling, so it's only a matter of time...;)

I prefer waking up to classics like "Recycling Is Gay", "Hungry Hungry Hippos" and "You Quit Doing Heroin, You Pussy" by Anal Cunt. It sounds so fucking awesome that I instantly wake up and almost smash my phone. Every single morning.

I've managed to get my GF into Opeth. She still isn't a huge fan of the growling, but likes the music.

Also, my mum LOVES Opeth, she puts Lamentations on while she's doing house work at least once a week. My dad's quite into them too.

im proud to say that my gal of 5 years loves opeth. she got us tickets to a chronology show in 2005. thank goodness she likes them, cuz she has to listen to them all them time.

Lucky bastards. I don't have a "girlfriend" because I want too much out of a girl to have a true relationship. If they don't like at least 1/4th of the things I do on a daily basis, I'd have a fling instead. I'd say 9/10ths of the women I talk to on a daily basis are incredibly close minded, and ditzy as hell unfortunately.

Girl/Boyfriends bullshit.. +5 :) I usually wake up with Silent Hill 4 soundtrack "Suicidal Clock Chime" or Silent Hill 2 soundtrack "Alone in Town" & "The Day of Night" and sometimes Opeth "Burden", "Deliverance", "Face of Melinda" and "Heir Apparent"...
edit: also "Hope Leaves" and "In My Time of Need" are so good at Autumn/Winter mornings!

I normally sleep through my horribly loud alarm clock that wakes up everyone but myself...

Well, that's a good way to lose said girlfriend. Find something that you both like.