auras

Mikael is God

Master of Bating
Jul 7, 2001
NY
darkhorizon.freeservers.com
my friend devin(girl) was talking about auras yesterday...... she told me some wierd story about her teacher.....oooOOoOOoOO

ok so one day this woman went skiing with her friend in the mountains... and they were in the little house thingy.... and the lady apparently had the ability to see peoples auras, becuase she noticed that the friend had an aura all around her, except for her leg.... so she was staying with her the whole time to make sure nothing happened.... she went to the bathroom and said "dont go down the slopes without me".... of course the lady went down anyway.. and broke her leg...... booya

Now...is that a bullshit story that the lady made up to make herself look cool.... or is that shit true??? .what the fuck is this aura shit?!?!

Auras (I think) can easily be seen by most people as a faint white-yellow glow around living organisms. I dunno if what I see is an optical illusion or what, but I can see them, or as least I think that's what I'm seeing, I dunno. To see it, get a candle, go in a totally dark room, sit on the floor with the candle by your side on the floor and hold up your hand and look for the faint glow. Once you see it you will know how to see it in normal lighting conditions as well. I dunno if this is the aura but I read that it was, but either way it's not very freaky or paranormal or anything and I think anyone can learn to see what I see by using this candle method.

Satori

Shall we begin talking about "the force," or would you guys rather talk about the "chi," the undelying metaphysic as outlined in Toeben's spiritual guide?

Originally posted by Satori
Auras (I think) can easily be seen toby most people as a faint white-yellow glow around living organisms. I dunno if what I see is an optical illusion or what, but I can see them, or as least I think that's what I'm seeing, I dunno. To see it, get a candle, go in a totally dark room, sit on the floor with the candle by your side on the floor and hold up your hand and look for the faint glow. Once you see it you will know how see it in normal lighting conditions as well. I dunno if this is the aura but I read that it was, but either way it's not very freaky or paranormal or anything and I think anyone can learn to see what I see by using this candle method.

Satori

Surely thats just the glow created by the candle? I think if people can see them they are subjective, I definitely can't. I don't think they exist. Mayb if you belive they do you can make urself see them?

Originally posted by godisanathiest
I don't think they exist. Mayb if you belive they do you can make urself see them?

they do exist.
it was proved by researches and studys.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Surely thats just the glow created by the candle? I think if people can see them they are subjective, I definitely can't. I don't think they exist. Mayb if you belive they do you can make urself see them?

They do exist, I think it's electromagnetic or something, anyway, their existence is not in dispute. I agree, it may be just the glow of the candle, however, I can see auras in most other lighting conditions as well. Still, this may be just a haze or glow or something, I don't know. If it's just a haze then I don't know why I can see a faint glow around my shirt sleeve when my arm is in it and I can't see it when my arm is out and it's just the sleeve. Of course, I realize this could be entirely my imagination, but I'm not some kook who's into auras and shit either, I just noticed I could see a glow around people one day. It helps to have a dark background and soft lighting. If you are in school, look at your teacher when he/she is standing in front of the green or black chalk board, especially around the head area, just space out and let your eyes "go limp". I don't know how else to explain it. Once you see it however (or maybe imagine it, hehe) then you'll have no trouble seeing it again whenever you want.

Satori

hmm...
i don't remember where i read it,
but i'll try to find it now

i'll post again when i'll find it :p

hmn, i wonder how many people brake their leg/s skiing?, well its like saying i bet this man will get bitten if he goes into a swimming pool full of sharks, both are simillar except the skiing accident has less probability of coming true.

we only remember a horoscope (which i personaly believe are bullshit, ever watched the simpsons episode where Homers says he will die? hehe), anyway we only remember it if it comes true, we forget about the stuff that didnt.

i bet that if the woman didn't brake her leg and was fine you would not have heard the story :err: , u see we do predict things and if they turn out to be false we just try to move on and not mention it through embarresment.

i mean its a cliche to break your leg playing sports (skiing in this case) and through hearing this all your life you might just say one day you think she will break her leg, kinda like if you swear in a small childs ear when young when he learns to speak he may say that swear word, you might want to try that one.

moving on theres one thing that is strange and i think happens to many people. it can usually be small things like say there is some rubish on your kitchen floor and you ignore it for some reason i bang my leg on something or hit my hand on a door accidently like im being punished for not picking it up:cry: , thats just a small thing but has anyone had that done on a bigger scale say like break a bone or something?:confused:

im not saying you get bad luck from this as , as i see it if you dont break a bone/hurt yourself/die isn't that good luck? if you get run over but dont die would you see it as good or bad luck? so in that sense i dont like using the terms good and bad luck as im not supersticious either.

i see this thread is about auras hey? well i dont know much about that:loco:

Itay and well everyone: you can prove something both right and wrong using research so i find it annoying when people say there is research to sujest something right when there is bound to also be research proving the same thing wrong.

also statistics can be used to prove anything that is even remotly true, 72% of Britain know that:loco:

Hmm... Satori's auras remind me of those "magic eye" hidden pictures things... where you have to relax your eyes and focus them past where the image is to see the hidden picture. Once you figure it out it's easy to do. Can't say I'm seeing anything, although this candle method intrigues me - fortunately, I happen to have one handy...

If it's just a haze then I don't know why I can see a faint glow around my shirt sleeve when my arm is in it and I can't see it when my arm is outand it's just the sleeve. & ...just space out and let your eyes "go limp". –Satori

You need glasses, man. You’re trippin'. :D I'm kidden. I've heard of this before, and I took it for a religious notion. Like saying, "That's my soul shining from within!" :p Then I thought about the magnetic force because...well, they're everywhere! Hoser beat me to it. The Magic Eye pictures. ;) I like those. When you finally focus in on them then just barely move you head... :loco: Woe! That's weird. :) How the hell do they do that?

_Transparent_: I've always seen what you're talking about as all being relative. If I notice I've been having great "luck" for quite a while, I'm feeling like something bad, or what I would consider bad is bound to happen soon enough. The good and the bad are always even to me. When something bad happens, I feel like I was due. I know, how odd.

Silhouette: I have a feeling I know what you're talking about with the "I can often feel if someone's skin is close to mine even with my eyes closed." First, it's hard not to just say, that's just the heat from your arm. But...what about when you're alone, then you just feel like you're not. And you're right. What's up with that? Magnetic forces sharing space? :err:

Lynn

The rotting body clad in ancient clothes is left behind with a wave of the hand.

Speaking of the magic eye stuff, I first discovered this phenomenon when I was about 5 or 6 years old, though I didn't know what it was or why it worked like I do now.

For those who don't know how it works, depth perception is a bit of an "illusion" entirely generated by the brain and is determined by the how far apart your eyes are focused. When looking at a magic eye pic, the idea is to look past the picture so the eyes are spaced apart further than they should be but to maintain the focus of your eyes on the pic. This makes the background of the pic seem further away than the image. It's also possible to do the opposite and get an inverted result. If you cross your eyes slightly instead of relaxing (this is harder than it sounds) them and letting the drift apart you will see the image appear like a hole in the pic instead of standing out in front of the pic.

Anyway, I first saw the magic eye thing in a chainlink fence. By looking past the fence it appeared to be closer than it was. Later on when I was older (about 12) I noticed the same thing in floors that had a small repeating pattern, usually bathroom floors.

Satori

I found a site with very cool 3d photographs from all around the world in .jps format, so you can decide if you want to view them in parallel or crossed view. Right now I'm surveying the British Columbia area. (Hi Hoser!)

http://www.3dphoto.net/

[edit]
By the way, I just found out about crossed view, learned it, and now I can't see those parallel view pics. :)
[/edit]

Anyway, I first saw the magic eye thing in a chain link fence. -Satori

I think one of the first things I noticed that with was a phone cord. Someone had the phone line stretched across a room and I was looking at it trying to focus and my eyes were going nuts. Tiles in bathrooms, chain link fences...yeah. It feels weird. :loco:

Lynn

Mesmerized, its kaleidoscopic face.