I let my gf hear opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about which music "a girl" listens to. It's just not important, as long as music is as important to her as it is to me. And besides... I'm not a "metal guy". Neither regarding my musical taste nor my "outter appearance". So that "slum"-factor doesn't exist.

And as german girls tend to be more beautiful than american fatties, i bet my standards are higher than yours.

Man, and I thought I'd seen alot of biggotry in my foruming time :lol:. This is hilarious, but generally all so true.

I won't go as far as Hypnos and Guitarmaster there and say that *ALL* metal chicks are but ugly and average at the very best. It seems extremely, extremely rare, but ocasionally you do get a really good looking girl who likes the music not only for the gimmickry or the 'scene'. I'll emphasize the 'EXTREMELY RARE' point again.

As Shroud said... its a major turn-off. No women seem to fit any favourable criteria anymore. Either they are mind-blowing gorgeous and extremely shallow to the degree you wonder when they graduated as a human being, or they are butt-ugly metal chicks. I have yet to see an attractive metal girl at any of the local gigs I go to - it simply hasn't happened yet. Being a homophobe, you'd think I'd try to stay away from guys in pits and all that, but I actually move AWAY from the women because they tend to get that ugly and lacking in hygiene that I end up mauling guys instead.

I don't know. You can call it stigma, but it really is true if you actually go out there and look, with an 'average' pair of eyes who's standards haven't been degraded through years of sexual frustration and lacking intimate social contact.

mot- said:
I don't care about which music "a girl" listens to. It's just not important, as long as music is as important to her as it is to me. And besides... I'm not a "metal guy". Neither regarding my musical taste nor my "outter appearance". So that "slum"-factor doesn't exist.

And as german girls tend to be more beautiful than american fatties, i bet my standards are higher than yours.

Have you been to America? Sadly, a great amount of US citizens are obese. But you also can't neglect the number of slim people we have here as well. There are a lot of fat women (and men), I work with a lot of them. My job by the way is a store called "FYE", a music store inside the mall. So I see every type of person in this town. This town does possess many dumbfuck slobs that are empty of any sort of sense. However, there is also a large majority of fine women that come in ... well, at least two a day on a 5 hour shift. And that's just during school hours. Which isn't bad at all.
And I have seen German girls, a lot of people from that country live in this town. And the fine ones do not surpass a great looking american chick. Also, "beautiful" is a strong word. I have seen none (German girls) that are deserving of that description ... yet. And on another note, judging by my constant evaluations ... your standards are not above mine.

And thank you, Marmot. Another great essay that explains certain vivid details on how to cease being so damn lame, adding some color to your skin, and how to stop cutting yourself because you hate the world might be on the way. Stay tuned. ;)

And I don't necessarily have to date a girl that is into metal. This is fine even if they have a strong distaste for it. They'll merely need to grow accustomed that it is something I listen to often, yet metal isn't the only type of music I limit myself with. I'm open to all things.
To be honest, I would rather date a fine girl (because there are none in metal) that listens to pop. At least she has the following: A.) A fucking tan B.) Takes care of herself. Skin, hair, etc. C.) Is not a recluse, meets people)
and D.) Doesn't stay depressed all the fucking time.
The following statement sums up D.): Normally metal chicks are depressed 24/7. So they take it out on the world by staying in their dark, dimly-lit room where black candles cast the only light, a poster of Dani Filth on their wall, they cut themselves (most of the time), and they write lame ass melancholic poems about their longing for the night and its shadows and a mate (whose heart is blacker than the most foul of witches) who can join them in their pathetic lives.

Some of you fellas might like this. Go for it ... but count me out.

P.S. The fine girl that might be into pop also shouldn't be an airhead either. Surprisingly, I have met several that are not.

That comparison was made by a group of friends of mine who lived in america for about 2 years each during their time on university there.

Guitarmaster said:
And I don't necessarily have to date a girl that is into metal. This is fine even if they have a strong distaste for it. They'll merely need to grow accustomed that it is something I listen to often, yet metal isn't the only type of music I limit myself with. I'm open to all things.
To be honest, I would rather date a fine girl (because there are none in metal) that listens to pop. At least she has the following: A.) A fucking tan B.) Takes care of herself. Skin, hair, etc. C.) Is not a recluse, meets people)
and D.) Doesn't stay depressed all the fucking time.
The following statement sums up D.): Normally metal chicks are depressed 24/7. So they take it out on the world by staying in their dark, dimly-lit room where black candles cast the only light, a poster of Dani Filth on their wall, they cut themselves (most of the time), and they write lame ass melancholic poems about their longing for the night and its shadows and a mate (whose heart is blacker than the most foul of witches) who can join them in their pathetic lives.
THAT, is the gothic culture.

Guitarmaster said:
And thank you, Marmot. Another great essay that explains certain vivid details on how to cease being so damn lame, adding some color to your skin, and how to stop cutting yourself because you hate the world might be on the way. Stay tuned. ;)

You were dead on with that one. Just out of curiousity, does Lordhypnos have you on a leash when you type these things?

I love you guys !!

BTW, I think the typical Opeth fan is not a metal slob. Most of us are more mature (although you couldn't tell it from this forum) and have real functioning lives. Most, but not all....

And I also think that most "Metal Chicks" are emotionally disturbed... why else would a girl like Metal? Most guys who listen to metal are also wack-o's.

I gave up believing I could date a girl with the same musical taste as me. My current girlfriend takes over my XM radio whenever she's in my car. I want to hear Liquid Metal, she plays 80s, 90s, and top 20 hits. Why do I let her do it? Because she's a hot little 22 year old brunette (I'm 36). :)

I dont have him on a leash. Hes just the only other person who happens to see it my way, and its killing you marmot...go cut yourself and draw black roses on your sneakers during gym when they make you sit on the bleachers because you refuse to be active whatsoever with "the foolish light dwelling mortals of society".

In any case....german women have a tendency to be beautiful, as do many countries, but i would NOT say more so than america....turn on the television, and you can easily see what our country can produce at any given time...and thats not JUST television...i live in between san diego and los angeles, near the beach...america is NOT lacking fine looking women, i assure you.

i think all that can be said on this, has been said by either guitarmaster or myself. and it seems nobody cares to produce any evidence of atractive metal women, pictures or otherwise...so i rest my case.

(unless youre willing to volunteer a picture marmot? ;) )

this was a nice discussion folks...hopefully everyone learned something. :wave:

NineFeetUnderground said:
i think all that can be said on this, has been said by either guitarmaster or myself. and it seems nobody cares to produce any evidence of atractive metal women, pictures or otherwise...so i rest my case.

Luxe.jpg

Well the question at that point would be if she likes metal or not...and it looks like she's just a poser (literally haha)

I'm not afraid to admit it, I'm butch as hell but I have several girlfriends who are very attractive and listen to some metal. You shouldn't go making generalizations like that.

with "the foolish light dwelling mortals of society".

Actually I get plenty of sunlight...you know what else? I'M BLACK. The only pale girls I see are your flat assed white girls, so don't go telling me I'm the one who hides from the light.

during gym when they make you sit on the bleachers because you refuse to be active whatsoever

I actually happen to be a runner as well, I can run the half mile in 2 minutes flat. That means i can chase your scrawny white ass down and crush you. I have a feeling that your idea of an attractive girl is a petite little thing because you can't handle this shit right here...you're hung like a tic tac white boy. So why don't you shut up and get back to daydreaming about how much better you think you are than everyone else cause there is no amount of testosterone in the world that could make you into a man. YOU CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.