My gf loves Opeth

Hell, I got my boyfriend into Opeth...

Aye, I got my bf into a lot of Mh, Opeth, LoG...I've got a lot of male friends into Nile and Cannibal Corpse and such. It's not really a big deal though, is it? I mean, admittedly not a lot of girls dig metal but...I hate the fact that people get so worked up about it when we are. Nobody takes you seriously as a musician. In my experience.

The only girl I ever met who questioned my opeth shirt was then like YEAH THEY ROCK HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CRADLE OF FILTH THEY'RE MY FAV I AM ALSO A BIG FAN OF DEVILDRIVER AND MARILYN MANSON and I was like ;_; inside. She was pretty hot but, like I said, ;_;

Opeth are considered somewhat of a girl's metalband here too in some circles

The only girl I ever met who questioned my opeth shirt was then like YEAH THEY ROCK HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CRADLE OF FILTH THEY'RE MY FAV I AM ALSO A BIG FAN OF DEVILDRIVER AND MARILYN MANSON and I was like ;_; inside. She was pretty hot but, like I said, ;_;

lol massive fail.

btw, my gf crushes obviously :cool: and she's a trve aryan beavty :immort0l:

yawning @ the tori amos addition to her playlist. Every metal head likes her because they think theyr branching out in their eclectic tastes. Also fucking incredible when they name all these grim bands and then say 'OH yeA And Loadz ov Clasiical'. (Not saying your gf does that btw just pisses me off when it does happen)

yawning @ the tori amos addition to her playlist. Every metal head likes her because they think theyr branching out in their eclectic tastes. Also fucking incredible when they name all these grim bands and then say 'OH yeA And Loadz ov Clasiical'. (Not saying your gf does that btw just pisses me off when it does happen)

Haha, she's pretty hated on this board as evidenced by the tori amos topic mostly being replies like "she sux i ahte dat winy women shit HCILREN OF BODM IS RAEL BAND!." And I definitely don't like her because I think I'm branching out in my tastes, I actually like her music a lot more than anyone else's, including Opeth.

Speaking of which, i am so hardcore

www.last.fm/user/wankerness

2389 - 301 ouch I didn't realize it was that rough

lol couldnt tell if you were ranting at me

Nah you're solid, just saying that some people are actually tori amos fanboys and otherwise listen to metal and that that type of person you were describing doesn't really seem to exist on this board, at least not for specifically tori amos. This board it would seem to be something more like the beatles. That classical thing you mentioned annoys the shit out of me though, it's like "post your favorite albums" and people are like DISSECTION - STORM OF THE LIGHT'S BANE, MARDUK - PANZER DIVISION MARDUK, BURZUM - EVERYTHING, BEETHOVEN'S FIFTH SYMPHONY.

Tori Amos is for guys who listen to far too much metal and suddenly decide they want to listen to something feminine, but dont have the means or the know-how to find truly great female artists. shes the mcdonalds of female artists. period.

nfu's legacy goes on...

NFU was a prick, but kind of an amusing one, did he get banned? He knew a lot about music but frequently made sweeping statements dismissing something like that without really knowing what he was talking about. His eventual admission of female artists he considered greatly superior were all even more stereotypical choices than tori amos and with less musical talent/range iirc (kate bush, joni mitchell, bjork etc). Not that they suck but saying they're amazing and tori amos is "mcdonald's" is somewhat bizarre, and points to him listening to one or two albums once or twice and applying initial impressions as a blanket statement on her entire career, validated by all those genesis/rush fags that consistently post about how kate bush is the goddess of music of all time and has the most amazing voice in musical history even though she sounds like a particularly unsexy grandma.

enoughw itht the tori hate. all you haters thinking liking metal and tori amos is just a facade to try to be more "eclectic" are fucking nuts (well, there msut be some cases).

go listen to these 5 songs and then come back and tell me tori doesn't deserve to be highly recommended for anyone with good taste:

-Siren
-Carbon
-Code Red
-Precious Things
-Spark

to be hoenst, tori's in my top 3 (yes, i like her more than opeth). So it's the opposite for me.

I'm just curious what word NFU reserves for say, Sarah Mclachlan, or even more profundly Vanessa Carlton, if Tori Amos is already mcdonald's. Really though, what happened to him? I remember he disappeared for a week or two and then came back and was like I'VE REEVALUATED MY LIFE I WILL BE NICE NOW and then was like, actually helpful and never flamed people, and then he disappeared shortly after. Did he commit suicide? Convert to christianity and renounce this board? :O He should come back imo.

jesus that nfu quote is incredibly coincidental. Although i do recognise it as i think i was probably posting back then. He had a massive influence on me then to what i listen to now, so much so that i got bored of metal quickly... While i dont actually hate tori amos and listen to it occasion its just the whole metal head thing. And NFU is a lovely chap, requesting that he comes to london so i can get him drunk and bone him.

Maybe that quote got stuck in the dephts of your brain, who knows.

btw, i seem to be getting more and more into Tori's music nowadays. She is solid.

I saw Tori live once.....amazing experience....all she had was her on piano,bassist and a drummer....no guitars...!!!!.....that to me was a shock....how can msic be playd without guitars...hahaha.....but yeah....she blew me away...my wife has her CD....and she puts it on every now and then....i can dig it...but cant tell u song names or anything...i much prefer Sarah Mclachlan...and say...DIDO...!!!!......tori is cool too I guess......not a huge fan though..>!!!!.....PEAC EOUT

Really though, what happened to him? I remember he disappeared for a week or two and then came back and was like I'VE REEVALUATED MY LIFE I WILL BE NICE NOW and then was like, actually helpful and never flamed people, and then he disappeared shortly after. Did he commit suicide? Convert to christianity and renounce this board? :O He should come back imo.

l_5fab53e4b0333ea118439b16c61b5086.jpg

'nuff said

do you guys have some database with NFU quotes?? :p

yeah, he often gave some good references, but I always got the impression (and that pictures only adds to that) that in real life he was a kind of guy who didn't get out too much and would kind of look like a poser ... what a prick sometimes ... but yeah, he could contribute good stuff when people where looking for bands or musicians to listen to.

strange that a thread about how someones girlfriend listens to opeth turned into a praise for NFU .................. with even some homo erotic comments about him and a guy with a very christian avatar (and I'm not even talking about worldwide_suicide). I'm starting to question the people on this board :p