For Opeth (Monterrey and Mexico Show)

davegrohl

Mar 5, 2009
Hey guys, i just want to tell you that we are really excited about the shows here in our country. I can asure you that both shows will be full, we have been waiting this for a long time.

One month ago another european band (In Flames) came to the Iguanas Cafe in Monterrey (where you are going to play). Due to some inconvenients (or at least i want to believe that) they just played from 9:00 pm to 10:10 pm or something like that. 10 songs only!! (and their songs are not as long as opeth`s)

Me, some friends and my gf traveled like 8 hours that same day to watch that show (im not a fan of IF but my gf is/was). She and other friends were pretty mad about this, we even met some guys that traveled from some cities of texas ( 8 to 10 hours) like houston, dallas, austin. They were pretty pissed, I mean, the show wasnt cheap.

Just to make it clear, the time and money all the guys spent that day was not worth it.

I KNOW that Opeth wont do that, we know that Opeth´s songs are just something else and we cant compare this band at all. But i want you guys to know that we expect the best of you, Opeth knows that we, "hardcore fans" can give our best at every concert and you wont be dissapointed at all.

Ask katatonia, dark tranquility and other european bands that played in the same room last year. They were blown away god damn it!!
we know all your songs, we scream, we jump, we drink, we feel. they know it.
And you will know it too!!!!

thanx for listening.

Opeth Fan.

So the point of this thread is that you want them to play more than what they normally play?

^Awesome name, Dave Grohl kicks ass.. Thought I was the only one who enjoy both FF and Opeth :p
my 2 favourite bands..

AND YAARR I R THE OFF-TOPIC MONSTARR!

yeah, mikael and dave should start a project. But, unfortunately, that would make the world explode.

I think they should do comedy sketches together, and then cover some fuzzy deep purple or something.

So... I'm going to both Mexico City shows. I'm guessing it would be wise not to expect different setlists, right? Whatever they play I'll be grateful, I just don't remember if they do the song switch thing when playing in the same city twice in a row...

Hey guys, i just want to tell you that we are really excited about the shows here in our country. I can asure you that both shows will be full, we have been waiting this for a long time.

One month ago another european band (In Flames) came to the Iguanas Cafe in Monterrey (where you are going to play). Due to some inconvenients (or at least i want to believe that) they just played from 9:00 pm to 10:10 pm or something like that. 10 songs only!! (and their songs are not as long as opeth`s)

Me, some friends and my gf traveled like 8 hours that same day to watch that show (im not a fan of IF but my gf is/was). She and other friends were pretty mad about this, we even met some guys that traveled from some cities of texas ( 8 to 10 hours) like houston, dallas, austin. They were pretty pissed, I mean, the show wasnt cheap.

Just to make it clear, the time and money all the guys spent that day was not worth it.

I KNOW that Opeth wont do that, we know that Opeth´s songs are just something else and we cant compare this band at all. But i want you guys to know that we expect the best of you, Opeth knows that we, "hardcore fans" can give our best at every concert and you wont be dissapointed at all.

Ask katatonia, dark tranquility and other european bands that played in the same room last year. They were blown away god damn it!!
we know all your songs, we scream, we jump, we drink, we feel. they know it.
And you will know it too!!!!

thanx for listening.

Opeth Fan.

You should know that Opeth give their very best at every single show. I'm sorry your friends went through so much only to let themselves be dissapointed with the set lenght rather than bask in the show put on by the bands they worked so hard to see play. I hope you take a positive attitude into the show and enjoy every second of what you see. It's a hell of a treat for those who enjoy the bands music, and I believe you probably enjoy Opeth's music from your enthusiastic post. Relax and have a good time, dude.

So... I'm going to both Mexico City shows. I'm guessing it would be wise not to expect different setlists, right? Whatever they play I'll be grateful, I just don't remember if they do the song switch thing when playing in the same city twice in a row...

they usualy play 2 different setlists, which is awesome..

Oh, hell yeah. I've been a fan for 10 years, but haven't really paid too much attention to the setlists they've played in two night stands. I kinda remembered them playing two different setlists, but wasn't really sure, so that's why I asked. Great news. I can't wait for the shows.

Oh, hell yeah. I've been a fan for 10 years, but haven't really paid too much attention to the setlists they've played in two night stands. I kinda remembered them playing two different setlists, but wasn't really sure, so that's why I asked. Great news. I can't wait for the shows.

hey wey si sabes de alguien que tenga boletos para el domingo avísame, yo voy a ir al de monterrey y pensaba lanzarme al df, pero ya esta sold out, el lunes definitivamente no puedo :(

saludos

hey wey si sabes de alguien que tenga boletos para el domingo avísame, yo voy a ir al de monterrey y pensaba lanzarme al df, pero ya esta sold out, el lunes definitivamente no puedo :(

saludos

Where are you from dude?

Now, In Flames only 10 songs?? thats not true, at least they play 14 songs, they just dont do an encore.

Where are you from dude?

Now, In Flames only 10 songs?? thats not true, at least they play 14 songs, they just dont do an encore.

Mexico dude, and yes, ok, maybe not 10, but i can assure you they didnt played 14.. . they played only like 75 minutes. I think it was because their lead guitarist didnt come due to some "personal issues".

so.... nothing more to say.

In fact 17 songs :p

The Mirrors Truth, Episode 666, The Hive, Colony, Only For the Weak, Pinball Map, Trigger, The Quiet Place, My Sweet Shadow, Take This Life, Leeches, Come Clarity, Disconnected, Alias, Move Through Me, Cloud Connected and Drifter