Opeth and religion

What is your religious worldview?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BloodyScalpel said:
stop the speculations too, it's retarded.
If you don't have any proofs then stop pushing your beliefs or argumenting in favour of them. Like 'god is this', 'god is that', you don't know, so shut up
Directed at me? For one, if you're going to use that argument, then you don't know either, and so you can't say "you're wrong" since nobody knows.

Secondly, I was merely pointing out some issues with her basis of argument. Citing logical contradictions and skepticism of unusual events is hardly grounds for the claims made. I'm not pushing my beliefs on anyone. My goal here is simply to say that people should believe what they each individually truly believe, and not what anyone else (myself included) tells them to. But if they're going to argue about such things, they should at least present clear arguments with support that makes sense.

Kenneth R. said:
Directed at me? For one, if you're going to use that argument, then you don't know either, and so you can't say "you're wrong" since nobody knows.

Secondly, I was merely pointing out some issues with her basis of argument. Citing logical contradictions and skepticism of unusual events is hardly grounds for the claims made. I'm not pushing my beliefs on anyone. My goal here is simply to say that people should believe what they each individually truly believe, and not what anyone else (myself included) tells them to. But if they're going to argue about such things, they should at least present clear arguments with support that makes sense.
directed at everyone

BloodyScalpel said:
stop the speculations too, it's retarded.
If you don't have any proofs then stop pushing your beliefs or argumenting in favour of them. Like 'god is this', 'god is that', you don't know, so shut up

where would science be without speculation? but this is religion, so you have a good point.

How are they dissimilar? Science is a method. Religion is a system of beliefs. One can use science as a method to aid in verifying or disproving some beliefs. Obviously of course, when it comes to matters of metaphysical, one cannot use laws and methods constrained to the physical.

Kenneth R. said:
How are they dissimilar? Science is a method. Religion is a system of beliefs. One can use science as a method to aid in verifying or disproving some beliefs. Obviously of course, when it comes to matters of metaphysical, one cannot use laws and methods constrained to the physical.
you just answered your own question :loco:
what I ment was: speculating about religion BEYOND "Is there a god?" is dubious.
edit - God = creator in that sentence

Since I'm taking the chance this morning to clean things up...

Guys, this thread stopped having any musical/Opeth relevance pretty much on the first page. It's run its course, and lest we let it turn into an endless 'my religion > yours (enter poorly structured argument)' it's better it end now.

If the closure pisses you off... seriously, look around on any major forum. This same thing has been regurgitated for years on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.