• Atheist

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Satanist

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters
I don't believe in Rel.

But I don't criticize people who do . I just think they are funny .

Some guy in my rel. class . he dresses in all black and shit like that . anyway one day he was asked what religion he belived in .. anyway he said "I'm a satanist" really loud in some chicks ear . so I decided to give him a stupidity test .

so I said " hey Jamie (which is his name) do you believe in God" and he was like " No man i'm a satanist what do you think you stupid Idiot" .....hahahhahahahahha some people :lol:

We (Me and Opeth9999) were just joking. We are actually good friends, as you see we both live in Muskegon, MI. He was just over at my house this weekend. Although i cannot guarantee his safety next time I see him.........

well, im closer to christian than any of the others there, its just kind of hard to believe it all when really crap stuff happens to you

I personally view myself as an atheist. In all seriousness, though, I don't see how someone's religion even matters. I have a lot of Christian friends, and friends that aren't Christians. We all get along great, and no one tries to preach to the others what we should believe it and all that shit. I just don't care what religion someone is. It doesn't matter. To each his own, I suppose.

Originally posted by opeth9999
I was wondering what religion all of you are or aren’t. If other plaese tell what on thread. I am a Atheist I think it would wierd to see other Opeth fans are. I have never really heard to much discussion of God or Satan or Religion for that matter on this board.

A few things...(some of you might have said this already, but I'm too lazy to read all of the replies). First, Atheism is not a religion. It is a philosophy. And second, there were about four billion religion discusions on this board over the past few months. Frankly, I am tired of them...

I know that Atheism is not a religion it is one of those where I would like to see what people say that is why I posted this and obviously the one person who said they were a Satanist was probably joking seeing that I did not here of one satanist post on this thread it is most likely someone trying to be funny.

Originally posted by Gandalf
oh, if i said that Satanism wasn't about worshipping the devil, would anyone believe me?
....... satanism isnt believing in / worshiping the devil....... read one of my posts on the second page if you want a reasonable explaination of why......
-derek

Read the lyrics of Dying fetus "praise the lord" and you will see how I mostly feel. The one thing I cant stand is.... (and this is not meant to offend anyone who feels this way)
1.) Humans fuck shit up for themselves and other humans.
2.) People expect "God" to save them from such things.
3.) He doesnt
4.) They then either hate god or say he doesnt exist :err:
Being a bit of a misanthrope I say we screw ourselves and are too blind and weak of a society to except that, so we remove humanity from blame and say " Its all gods fault he is supposed to have the power to stop it but didnt! I hate him or he doesnt exist!" I have one thing to say WWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
I have had so much bad shit happen to me in the past three years (Narrot would know) and more, and I dont blame anyone and if I do its myself or other humans.

Originally posted by TheMindzI
I believe there are no gods or something greater than humans or anything like that.. I guess that's called atheism..
Well, it could be atheism, although that could also be Satanist..... because in satanism it tells you that you are the greatest thing and you control your actions. In satanism you worship yourself (they do not even believe in the devil). But i wouldnt consider my self satanist, because the down part of it is it says that you should fufil any urges you want, for example killing or glutony and things like that, which i think are just moraly wrong. anyway, goodbye.
-derek

The main thing about christians is, that their God,Jesus, died for them, rather than the other religions, that you have to die for your god. Personally, I'd rather believe in a God that created a universe rather than a rock. The main reason people don't believe in the christian God, is because of faith. If you can believe in air that you can't see, why can't you believe in God? Why does he have to show Himself to you? Do you have to see something to believe, or maybe He is testing you so that you can believe without seeing. Time is another main reason people dont believe in God. All we do is run on time, thats all we think about thats all we live for. But if God created time, then why should you worry on what happend before this and that. Anyways, just some thoughts. Just thought i would get slamed by some of you guys haha

Your fellow opeth fan,
Josh