• Atheist

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Satanist

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters
the paradox is....

if god does exist, he is omniscient + omnipotent, and who the fuck are you to question? everyone seems to think that they are owed something, and whoever mentioned dying fetus had it correct: anyone who thinks god is a farce because he won't run errands for them, can blow me.

yes, allright, i'm a christian, but i'm not a DUMB christian, like so many i know. it seems to me that it takes MORE faith to believe in something as hole-y as the Big Bang rather than something holy like Creation. i don't buy into it just like many of you don't buy into religion.

i'm cool with it, though: i don't force my views on anyone. the way i figure it....

if i'm right and you're not, then i go to heaven, and you burn in hell.

if i'm wrong and you're right, then we both pass into nonexistence.

i don't have a whole lot to lose.

Originally posted by Oyo
If islam is right and christianity is wrong, then you and I will both burn in islamic hell.

If Judaism is right...

Repeat for 3,000 or so religions

Ahhh haaaaaa, good point! Ive allways wondered about that myself..... so thats another reason i have no religion. I mean, out of the 1000s upon 1000s of different religions, how do you know which one (if any of them) are correct? the answer: you dont.... anyway, thats what i think.... goodbye
-Derek

I just want to say that I think that the Big Bang Theroy would make more sense than a higher power the terms "Higher Power" make me think of a person with actual powers now in this world there is nothing like that and the beleif that God exists and he is a higher power just seems unreal. I think that the Big Bang theroy and Evloution make more sense in creationism.

Ever had one of those days when youve got so much to say but you just cant say it??

Originally posted by saturnix
if god does exist, he is omniscient + omnipotent, and who the fuck are you to question

I'm me. God loves me (so he says). If he didn't want us to question, he should not have given us the ability. And don't you think it means more (presumably to him, seeing as how he cares about all that) to question it ALOT and come to the conclusion that he is the way? If you worship god and have never questioned, you are a retard. :D

But then you assume that there are no alternative possibilities to a christian afterlife. I don't believe in god. I believe in ghosts, so that means I accept the existance of spirit. WHich means I accept the existance of afterlife and suchlike (well, a form of it, anyway). There are more than 1 altenative, as Oyo pointed out.

the paradox is....

if god does exist, he is omniscient + omnipotent, and who the fuck are you to question? everyone seems to think that they are owed something, and whoever mentioned dying fetus had it correct: anyone who thinks god is a farce because he won't run errands for them, can blow me.

yes, allright, i'm a christian, but i'm not a DUMB christian, like so many i know. it seems to me that it takes MORE faith to believe in something as hole-y as the Big Bang rather than something holy like Creation. i don't buy into it just like many of you don't buy into religion.

i'm cool with it, though: i don't force my views on anyone. the way i figure it....

if i'm right and you're not, then i go to heaven, and you burn in hell.

i don't have a whole lot to lose.

hehe, Paschal's wager alive and well!

It is the recognised doctrine of the Catholic church (which I am NO part of) that it needn't be through the practise of one particular religious tradition that one reaches eternal salvation. So it needn't be that by practising one religion you are seen to be damned by all others, at least not in the case of Christianity.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom

Yes, but if you believe in the big bang (or anything for that matter), what existed before that? Where did anything come from? The question is the same, regardless of what you believe. If you can't comprehend that God could have existed 'before', then how can you comprehend that anything, space for example, existed 'before'.

Just to point out one or so of my theoryy on the big bang.

(1) There has always been time and there has also been many "big bangs." After billions upon billions of Years the whole universe callapses on itself, so it has all the atoms that are floating in the universe now form one mass. This mass becames so dense and hot that it expodes and forms the new universe.

(2) Since time is realive to size what if there is a society that is so massive that our whole univers is smaller than an atom to them. So if they are experimenting with atoms, like we do, crushing them and so forth. Than our whole existance can last in a fraction of time.

(3) This is a new theory, What if there is more than one universe, in which case there would always be time. Well I'll just let you contiplate on that for a while cause it took me awhile to grasp the size of this theory.

(2) Since time is realive to size what if there is a society that is so massive that our whole univers is smaller than an atom to them. So if they are experimenting with atoms, like we do, crushing them and so forth. Than our whole existance can last in a fraction of time.

Men in Black kind of did this.

I think there is more than one universe, not sure.

Originally posted by Oyo

Men in Black kind of did this.

I think there is more than one universe, not sure.

Yeah now that you metion it I remeber that. There was that funky looking alien with like 3 fingers and suction cups on the end of each finger. :lol: