• Buddhist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Athiest

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Έρεβος;6486660 said:
And who the hell are you? Atheism does not have to mean certainty. Only fools think in absolutes. [Weak] Atheism means a rejection of belief in God, but it does not mean complete rejection of the possibility of a God's existence. This is the most common form of atheism, and certainly is atheism.

Interesting that it is the "rejection" of belief. Regardless of the specific reasons one might have, it is an active choice of the will.

So then, what distinguishes Atheism from Agnosticism?

Agnostics don't know at all and don't side either way, but atheists don't believe at all, even if they aren't 100% sure they're right (just as a Christian who thinks there may be a slight chance he may be wrong is still a Christian, not agnostic)

Usually nothing. Agnosticism hardly ever stands alone. I'm an agnostic atheist (weak atheist), as are most that call themselves "agnostic" or "atheist."

A true agnostic must sit perfectly on the fence, being entirely uncertain. An agnostic atheist is quite certain that a god could exist, but that their is no evidence to back believing in one.

I come across countless comments on youtube or google video where people listening to Cradle of filth, children of bodom, in flames etc... have posted things like : 'Hail Satan!'. I want to run a poll on the religion of metalheads to see what the majority religion among us is. I myself am an athiest, i think religion is bollocks and i think satanists are just posers. What is your religion?\,,/
Are you Indian? Because you wouldn't have otherwise include Sikhism in there where there's no trace of some heavyduty contenders you've missed out like almost a heap here mentioned.

Έρεβος;6486660 said:
And who the hell are you? Atheism does not have to mean certainty. Only fools think in absolutes.

Έρεβος;6486720 said:
A true agnostic must sit perfectly on the fence, being entirely uncertain.

:Smug:
How contradictory of you...

Contradictory? He's basically just saying that atheists are 99% certain there's no god, and agnostics are roughly 50% certain.

Yes it is a contradiction. "Only fools think in absolutes."

He said you are only a true agnostic if you are 50% certain regarding both sides (I'm not saying I disagree) but he gave a absolute number percentage of distinction to determine this. And I say you are only a true atheist if you completely stand by your belief. I don't think its fair for someone to say "I'm an atheist but I'm only 80% certain."

Status
Not open for further replies.