Yet another religion thread: what constitutes weird?

note how the people who say they just don't find in themselves to believe are not aggressively rallying against everyone else. i guess that qrv was right.

note how the people who say they just don't find in themselves to believe are not aggressively rallying against everyone else. i guess that qrv was right.

What are you talking about? Sorry for adding to the thread, if everyone just sat back and didn't join in on the discussion there wouldn't be very much to discuss. What's with the oversensitivity, isn't this a death metal forum?

I can respect how you came to your beliefs but I do not respect religious thinking. So I'm not saying anyone is dumb, I just can't take religious thought seriously anymore and that's why I come off as hostile.

yes, i am kind of baffled too. but i think i'm understanding something about ian.de: probably one of the reasons why he in such trouble with christians has to do with a tendency toward stereotyping. if all people on death metal forums are expected to be blasphemous satanists with no 'oversensitivity', then certainly all christians have to be far-right nuts bombing abortion clinics or crazy mystics pretending they saw the virgin mary in their mac and cheese. if that were the case, i'd take exception to them as well. so maybe his problem is just that he should try and make sense of the idea that people do not fit in little boxes, except if they're, say, dead dwarves. :p

All religious people are alike in the sense that they all have "faith"-thinking in common.

This Bill Orielly segment says it best:

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted the video so that you could see sam harris making the point that religious thinking is all the same. I absolutely hate Oreilly, did anyone even watch the video?

It's not like the other guy really let him talk.

Sounds like O'Reilly.

I posted the video so that you could see sam harris making the point that religious thinking is all the same. I absolutely hate Oreilly, did anyone even watch the video?

No, I wouldn't subject myself to that, though I appreciate the effort. (not sarcasm)

@ian.de: now you're being slightly naive. about half (or slightly more than half) of the people taking part in this discussion are not American. now, I happen to know who Bill O'Reilly is since I am interested in American culture in general, and rahvin probably knows because he had an American partner for a certain period hence became familiar with some known faces. However, it might come as a welcome piece of news to you that O'Reilly is not at all known outside the USA. As a consequence, the idea that people should know by definition that "socially liberal atheists" don't like this guy is a bit arrogant - the connection is not automatic in most readers' minds.