Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Athiest

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whata57

Aug 2, 2007
I come across countless comments on youtube or google video where people listening to Cradle of filth, children of bodom, in flames etc... have posted things like : 'Hail Satan!'. I want to run a poll on the religion of metalheads to see what the majority religion among us is. I myself am an athiest, i think religion is bollocks and i think satanists are just posers. What is your religion?\,,/

There should be an 'agnostic' choice I think. I'm an atheist though - I've not seen any convincing evidence that God(s) exist.

I am an atheist. To call oneself an atheist they should be 100% committed to their belief that "God" does not exist. If they are only 99% sure, then that person is not an atheist.

However, some things about the average atheist I dislike is a lack of direction. It doesn't bother me, but it does annoy me a little that some atheists share only that one particular belief and never expand on it. This is where I agree with much on Satanism but I dislike the usage of the word "Satanist."

Atheist, although Satanism is kind of fun on weekends. The poll is fatally flawed, surely there are more pagans and agnostics here than Sikhs and Muslims.

I am an atheist. To call oneself an atheist they should be 100% committed to their belief that "God" does not exist. If they are only 99% sure, then that person is not an atheist.

IMO it's not logical to be 100% committed to something that cannot be proven. That's faith. I consider myself an atheist because "God" is, in all likelihood, a figment of man's imagination; but I don't know this for a provable fact, just as I don't know that I'm not living in the matrix or that there are other universes outside our own. That may sound like a trifling distinction to make, but I think it's an important one -- we humans really don't know shit about how the universe works or why we're here.

I have to admit though, I do dislike people who openly call themselves Satanists. For example, it tends to be rampant among 16 year olds who brag about it because they bought/read the Satanic bible simply due to the 'coolness' factor and because they dislike Christianity. They are an embarrassment.

IMO it's not logical to be 100% committed to something that cannot be proven. That's faith. I consider myself an atheist because "God" is, in all likelihood, a figment of man's imagination; but I don't know this for a provable fact, just as I don't know that I'm not living in the matrix or that there are other universes outside our own. That may sound like a trifling distinction to make, but I think it's an important one -- we humans really don't know shit about how the universe works or why we're here.

I pretty much fully agree with this sentiment, though I don't know if I agree that one shouldn't commit 100%. I do, however, believe that we (humans) must be willing to admit that we are not 100% sure. Maybe I make the distinction because I am a Christian and am committed to it, though I cannot be 100% sure. Atheism, on the other hand, doesn't seem to require a "committment", per se. Maybe I am wrong.

there may be quite a few astaru/other pagans here, but maybe the poster is ignorant to pagan religions!

i'm agnostic, though i find pagan religion interesting.
~gR~

I can see your point, but from where I'm coming from the idea of "God" - it's beyond me how people today can still live by such beliefs established thousands of years ago. Essentially religion was the 'science' back then and in general many religious groups have a very stagnant approach to how they view things. Has the world not changed since then? Science is constantly progressing, correcting mistakes, and proposing new theories and it seems that most aspects of science are generally excepted as truth except for the religion debate which is vehemently argued.

I mean, look at how investigators can go back to a murder/crime scene 10years after the crime has been committed, find an aging blood sample inside of a television and be able to catch the man who was responsible - this actually happened. They can do this, but I guess it is hard to disprove what hasn't yet been proven - see the irony in trying to disprove something that doesn't exist? It's almost impossible especially when the other side's arguments aren't based on logic but convenient arguments. :Smug:

And who the hell are you? Atheism does not have to mean certainty. Only fools think in absolutes. [Weak] Atheism means a rejection of belief in God, but it does not mean complete rejection of the possibility of a God's existence. This is the most common form of atheism, and certainly is atheism.

Status
Not open for further replies.