Opeth and religion

What is your religious worldview?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opethian666

Booze influenced
Sep 17, 2005
I guess we all know that the Opeth band members are atheists (not sure about Per though), but I was wondering what the religious ideas of most Opeth fans are, and how this connects with the music they listen to. I myself am an atheist. Btw, this is an open poll.

These religion threads are a death trap on a forum. Please close it before everything turns to chaos.

Nobody seems to complain about threads about Tool's new album or other topics which don't really have anything to do with Opeth.

Now I wonder if anyone here thinks that their worldview influences the music they listen to. As an atheist, I am constantly on the search for truth, and critical of everything I come across. I think the parallel with music might be that I will always look upon popular music in a critical, skeptical way, and try to find the best music, be it popular or not.
I think that for these kinds of reasons more metalheads will be atheists than poptarts, or whatever people who listen to pop like to be called.

affinityband said:
Assuming, i bet you celebrate christmas by recieving gifts. Athiest my bollocks.

But the Christmastree etc. is ripped of from a pagan ritual, so Christian my bollocks. :loco:

Atheist myself.

Agnostic is obviously the correct choice because noone can say 100% without any doubt whatsoever that there is a god or if there isn't a god.
I'm reading a book on Carl Jung, quite interesting and does make sense in a way.

Ben_Bids_You_Farewell said:
Agnostic is obviously the correct choice because noone can say 100% without any doubt whatsoever that there is a god or if there isn't a god.
I'm reading a book on Carl Jung, quite interesting and does make sense in a way.

Opethian666 said:
Nobody seems to complain about threads about Tool's new album or other topics which don't really have anything to do with Opeth.
I would, since I absolutely hate Tool, but I realize that people would just argue with me constantly if I do complain. Same goes if someone talked bad about DT and I saw it. Very sad. :(

Atheist.

Ben_Bids_You_Farewell said:
Bingo.

We did this a few months ago. Man the threads on here are recycled. Not complaining, just stating the obvious.

I'm an orthodox christian & today is my easter. No lamb on the spit for me this time. Just a leg in the oven. Shitty weather this year anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.