Definitive Opeth?

Which song defines what Opeth is all about?

• In the Mist She Was Standing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Apostle in Triumph

• To Bid You Farewell

• For Absent Friends

• Windowpane

• To Rid the Disease

• Total voters
Aug 9, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.theniners.co.uk
OK, OK – so there have been polls about Opeth songs before, but this one is slightly different.

Of all the Opeth songs on all the Opeth albums, which song do you think defines what Opeth are all about? It doesn't have to be your particular favourite.

Don't agree with the ones I've posted in the poll? Then tell us which one you would nominate and why.

i honestly cant really choose one...but for the old style Opeth, it'd be In Mist she was Standing or Demon of the Fall...and for the new style Opeth it'd be Bleak or Deliverance...

in between the extremes would have to be The Moor

Godhead's Lament - Nice heaviness, with soaring vocals and guitar work that just lifts everything about the song up above all else, which to me is pretty much what Opeth do.

Honourable Mention for Black Rose Immortal, Master's Apprentices and Deliverance

aside from money and paychecks, april ethereal defines opeth. it was their first hit on the billboard top 100.

Dreadful said:
The Moor, Twilight is my Robe, Blackrose Immortal, When, Leper Affinity...christ you left out alot.

:D WAKEY WAKEY, DUDE! :D

:err: There's a limit to the number of options in the poll. I picked 2 examples of what I consider to be the defining tracks off each album and posted them. I've had to miss out LOADS gr8 tracks, which is why the final option is "None of the above…" :err:

It's hard, but out of that list it would probably be 'The Drapery Falls' even though I don't think the song is as formidable as the rest of the catalogue. It has all the Opeth dynamics, with a touch of experimentation to finish. It's pretty much the Opeth style and format personified in a song.