2006 OPETH POLL

Tubbs Mcgee said:
The highest is Bleak with 11

second place is Deliverance with 10

The Moor, Harlequin Forest, and Demon Of The Fall are all in third with 9.

Wow, that's surprising. I'd expect more Drapery Falls, less Bleak. Not because of my opinions, but because The Drapery Falls seemed very popular.
I didn't think Deliverance was so popular either, even though I voted for it.
I really want The Moor to die, as always.

IN NO ORDER (I couldnt do it, no matter how hard I tried)

The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
Harlequin Forest
Black Rose Immortal
The Night and the Silent Water
Demon of the Fall
Godheads Lament
The Leper Affinity

The Leper Affinity
Godheads Lament
Advent
Ghost of Perdition
A Fair Judgement
April Ethereal
In Mist She Was Standing
Bleak

Thanks again for your votes! I have been tallying them all day. Here are the results as of midnight on the East coast:

1. Bleak (16)
2. When (15)
3. Advent & Deliverance (14)
5. The Moor, April Ethereal, & Reverie/Harlequin Forest (13)
8. The Drapery Falls (12)

And just outside the bubble:

9. Ghost of Perdition, Demon of The Fall, & Godhead's Lament (11)

By the way, I did add my own picks to the mix (in case you were wondering why some weren't adding up (Tubbs). My 8 choices were:

When, Advent, Moor, Ghost, Deliverance, April, Leper, Serenity

Some comments:

lol rahan already did something like this

Yes, Rahan did many excellent polls. I especially enjoyed his "pick your least favorite of the remaining albums elimination poll." He has not done this, however. Not since I've been here.

Wow, that's surprising. I'd expect more Drapery Falls, less Bleak. Not because of my opinions, but because The Drapery Falls seemed very popular.
I didn't think Deliverance was so popular either, even though I voted for it.
I really want The Moor to die, as always.

I think people are kind of tired of Drapery. It's a great song, and has entered the top 8, but it's a bit jaded from overuse. I am also surprised by Bleak. Though I think it might be because a lot of the people on this board were exposed to Opeth through BWP. Finally, the Moor will never die! It won a favorite song poll a year ago, and I expect it will go far again in this one.

More people need to say Blackwater Park and Hope Leaves!

Don't worry about this part of the poll - it's just for seeding. The important part comes after this, when the one-on-one battles begin!

Just to explain a bit deeper for those who didn't understand earlier...

The 64 songs will be ranked (4 #1s, 4 #2s, down to 4 #16s). I will place them into 4 "divisions" - each with 16 songs ranked 1 - 16. Then, the fun begins. We will have face-offs 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15 etc. with the winners being paired off. The losers are gone forever (single-elimination). When all is said and done, we will have 4 divisional winners. These 4 songs will continue on to the final poll.

I had to take some liberties in getting to 64. For example, the extra tracks, both demos and covers are to be included. Also, some of the instrumental interludes that are not really songs in their own right will have to enter by themselves. In either case, these songs will not be ranked very highly at all (these are the 15 and 16 seeds) and will be eliminated almost immediately.

That's precisely what happens in the basketball tournament I was speaking of. The 16th seed is usually some small town team that did well beating up other small town teams (ie Circle of the Tyrants). But against far better competition (ie any of the top songs) it's no contest.

Anyway - Happy New Year, and keep the votes coming in! The actual poll will begin soon!

wwallinga said:
Finally, the Moor will never die! It won a favorite song poll a year ago, and I expect it will go far again in this one.

Yeah, that's why I wanted it to die. Not die, I still like it... But last time I think it beat Demon of the Fall at the end, and I was none too pleased, that's far and away my favorite.

Master's apprentices
Godhead's Lament
deliverance
The leper affinity
Bleak
harvest
the drapery falls
Blackwater Park

To everyone who thinks that I'm Blackwater Park- Maniac: You're right...

This is pretty hard, but here you are:

When
Wreath
Moonlapse Vertigo
A Fair Judgement
Advent
April Ethereal
Ghost Of Perdition
The Drapery Falls

The Baying Of The Hounds
April Ethereal
When