Best instrumental

What is the best Opeth instrumental?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I don't know, every time I listen to it I enjoy it. The first time I listened to Orchid it was so unexpected, now when I listen to it I enjoy how it fits in with the album as a whole.

Its probably not the 'best' Opeth instrumental, but I always enjoy it when I listen to it.

It's true, Epilogue may sound great for the first couple minutes but then it gets kinda repetitive and boring. It still is a good instrumental, but not their best. Ending Credits is definitely best IMO. It is the most accomplished instrumental so far. It sounds like Andrew Latimer wrote it, as one put it.:)

I wonder if there will be an instrumental on the next album...hope so.

I voted for 'Silhouette' today, but I could have easily voted for 'Epilogue' tomorrow. To be honest Opeth don't really have any truly amazing purely-instrumental pieces - their best instrumental passages are within other songs. It seems that most of the instrumental tracks are used as segues from one piece to another, which is cool in the context of a full album, but individually I don't think I'd really listen to any of them with any great regularity.

Nice,
I like this poll.

I put my vote in for Ending credits.
My reasoning being that you actually hear this played live therefore its more of a true instrumental.
If you get where im coming from.