What Opeth Topic Haven't We Discussed

redblueyes is from (based in?) here, the D.C. area. And aside from her saying so, the proof is that she knew Dawn from Rain Fell Within from her pre-RFW days. (meaning, she agreed that Dawn went from preppy girl to goth whore overnight.) But I don't know if she has a deeper connection with the band other than just from going to lots of shows.

Originally posted by Oyo
Hey Leadfoot (I'll start calling you Billow of Zeal in a while) I downloaded Ninja Scroll, it was dubbed not subbed, I prefer subs but I couldn't find a subed version. And that blind guy said "Your sight is a weakness" not "sight is your weakness". Was this because it translated differently in the sub?

I have it on DVD and you can watch the english with english sub-titles and it is all off:lol: I can't remember if it was that or if that "your sight is a weakness" wouldn't fit as the title.

Hello! :lol:
Well I must have been sleeping cause I missed this whole thread and didn't know you was talking about me.
Let me clear the air before this gets too out of hand (and too funny, my face might break laughing so hard....)

First, I am not Peter. :lol: :D Besides the most obvious that he's male and I'm a woman......Peter is far more stylish, better looking and a helluva better guitar player than me.:D

Secondly, I am not Ms. Akerfeldt. Not hardly. Some of us don't have that kind of good fortune you know :cry: .... Tho it's not the first time someone has thought that which is pretty funny/cool/sad, I dunno. I AM quite fond of Mikael :p I think he's super talented obviously, and a supersexy hottie to be honest, but it was after I got to know him I knew he was such a great guy on the inside too!! If he was a single guy I probably wouldof made a move! :lol: :p But as we know, he's already found his perfect woman. Such is life. :D I've actualy met his fiance a couple times and she's real nice, very lucky, and obviously exactly what he was looking for in a woman. Good 4 them!!

So... to answer the question(s). We're just friends. That's why he knew my name in that chat session which was mentioned above. We've been corresponding for years and I met Mikael before the other guys. The first time I had ever met Peter and the 2 Martins was at the first gig I saw in Poland. Since then, a couple twist of fate have played out where I got to spend a bit of extra time with the guys in the beginning and we got to become friends. I'm still in touch with Mikael and we talk a lot about music. And yes I have been to a lot of their gigs! I did count the exact number once but I can't recall at the moment.. I think it was just over 40 gigs. hehehe.

The reson I posted too Lee after the 'stash post is because I had just pieced together who he was!! I was real excited to see him here. I didn't know that nick, but I used to correspond with Lee prior to ever meeting or being in touch whatsoever with Mikael. He was my ONLY Opeth contact for a while!! I mean before the website, or even the original (and first) opeth website..Opeth's Domain had been created. I remember getting a mail from Lee THE DAY that Opeth had gone to the studio to record My Arms! This was NEWS!!!!!!!!!! I mean back then no website(s) and no metal news, blabbermouth, no Opeth news ANYWHERE else! Just my first hero, Lee-Candle.

Well I guess that's more than enough info for now, right! Or is there something else??? heheheh.

hehe, This is funny how we're all fascinated about you. :)

My question: How did you get to know Mikael in the first place? Did you hear his music through mutual friends, or just stumble across it?

Originally posted by rustymetal

"When is Peter going to do some rapping?"

:lol: now that i'd like to see. '' yo yo yo, down in the hood which used to be the woods, niggas be flippin' and i be dippin, the dunking doughnuts, but you got a lot of ho nuts. trippin like you flippin and you know im hippin.'' - from Peters new album - the fluffy bunnys go afro style in da house.