My gf loves Opeth

i didn't know there were any girls that like metal, i sure as hell haven't been able to find any. of course, i live in buttcrack hillbilly alabama. :(

So I gave my gf some mellow Opeth, an she was like "wtf is this I want that heavy shit you listen to!"
Now she listens to Windir and early Ulver amongst other :kickass:

I don't hold out much hope of her ever going for the growlies. She gets this look on her face that just screams "what the fuck is this garbage you're listening to?" :loco:

HAhAHAHa....my wife is the same....she is nota fan of the Growls either....though she did go to Opeth show with me...adn somewhat enjoyed it.....she likes Jewel,Dido,Sarah Maclachlan, Norah Jones and that girl who sings Bubbly song adn AMy wine house....and alos matchbox 20....and this band...Elefant....PEAC EOUT

Huh...I (a female) listen to Nile and Opeth and MH and so on...and most metal guys didn't want to go out with me. One even said, "Yeah, you're pretty and everything but...Cannibal Corpse!?" Admittedly I'm going out with a guy I've known for a while now, but a lot of guys assumed I was a lesbian. Seriously. A girl can't play LoG on a Mockingbird without being called a dyke!? Then they complain that their gf CAN'T play LoG on a metal guitar. Men...

HAhAHAHa....my wife is the same....she is nota fan of the Growls either....though she did go to Opeth show with me...adn somewhat enjoyed it.....she likes Jewel,Dido,Sarah Maclachlan, Norah Jones and that girl who sings Bubbly song adn AMy wine house....and alos matchbox 20....and this band...Elefant....PEAC EOUT

Dude, I took her to see Enslaved in November, cuz I had a buddy back out at the last minute - she hated all the bands and then she actually had the nerve to fall asleep during "Ruun" - I was fucking mortified! I really wanted to have Grutle yell through the mike "WAKE UP!" :lol:

Then we listened to Colbie Caillat on the way home...:cry:

After reading the title I thought your grandfather (gf) loves opeth =)

My girlfriend likes opeth and the growls don't bother her much. She loves Katatonia and Porcupine Tree.

actually, Opeth is considered somewhat of a girlie's band sometimes here ... :) so going to an Opeth gig is always a good place to meet metal chicks. whenever you see a metal girl here, you can be sure that there is something of opeth on her backpack or somewhere else ... but being a major opeth fan as a guy myself, sometimes other guys laugh at you for it :p

She has seen Opeth four times, Detroit, Cleveland, Grand Rapids, and again in Detroit.

securedownload18jm2.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

And she is hot. :)