Moonlapse Vertigo vol. CXIIV

Apoc

Mar 28, 2003
First, thanks for saving my day.

Now what a great song that is. I shut off the light and put my headphones on and had the purest 9 mins of pleasure a man can have (with pants on). That song is so absolute 100% of harmony, absolute 100% of balance. It's more than life. Last but not least, the closing riff is one of the greatest efforts ever done by a man. Godlike.

The impulse for this meaningless tribute in this case is that my gf dumbed me tonight (because of another guy but that's another story..), BUT after i got home and listened a bit of Opeth, especially Moonlapse Vertigo, my mood rose up to the point like she never did it (for a moment of course, apparently got to play it again).

Really sorry for wasting space in this already crowded forum. Thanks though.

Yeah I think it's one of those songs that at first is overlooked, but then one day you're listening to it and go fucccckk this so good.
I assume by the closing riff you mean the one at 6:30-7 mins? I fucking love that one...it's definately one of my favorite Opeth riffs.

yea, I remember when I hadn't heard Still Life yet, I kept seeing people on these boards talking about how amazing The Moor and Godheads Lament are...then I went out and bought the album and was blown away by Moonlapse Veritgo. It still doesn't seem to get much attention besides being "the song that they never play live"

Moonlapse Vertigo is... well I was going to say favorite Opeth song, but it's too hard to choose. Then I was going to say it's in the top three, and again it was too hard to put only three songs by Opeth at the top. So at least it's one of my favorite. There is one thing that it definately is, and it is the very first Opeth song with growling that I liked. Also the counter-melody (I think that's what it's called) is in the top 2 of all of them, with The Amen Corner's.

girls are insane :erk: (no offense Luz, maybe i should say most girls)

between Opeth, Riverside, Swanö and Peter Gabriel, i sympathize with that statement. good music can totally change your mood.

today i read that Riverside is the third or fourth sunniest city in the US. wanted to mention that.