An awesome/funny Opeth story

I got my wife into Opeth by taking her to the concert. I know she doesn't like growling and harsh vocals but as I tried to explain for years to her vocals are meant to compliment the music only. Even if it may seen to be the focus of the song, listen to the actual instruments and think of the vocals as just another instrument and perhaps you will understand. Not every metal band should sound like Coldplay vocals.

Victoria, British Columbia. The most boring city in ze world.

Awe come on, I bet it's not half as bad as Abbotsford.. Besides, you guys have a crazy place where goats live on the roof... I laughed so hard when I saw them. I also bought a thing of dried corn which I put into the microwave once I got home and never guess what... It made popcorn. How amazing is that?

I don't see how that story is awesome, nor do I see how it's funny

Awesome: I love my girlfriend and Opeth and the fact that she is into them makes me happy. That is awesome.
Funny: She trolls her roomate every morning by playing When to wake her up. That is funny.

I am truly sorry that you didn't get it the first time.

Awe come on, I bet it's not half as bad as Abbotsford.. Besides, you guys have a crazy place where goats live on the roof... I laughed so hard when I saw them. I also bought a thing of dried corn which I put into the microwave once I got home and never guess what... It made popcorn. How amazing is that?

Haha, that's Coombs not Victoria. It's further up island. But yes, it is very awesome.. love the goats on ze roof! :)

Awesome: I love my girlfriend and Opeth and the fact that she is into them makes me happy. That is awesome.
Funny: She trolls her roomate every morning by playing When to wake her up. That is funny.

I am truly sorry that you didn't get it the first time.

Yeah no, not awesome, and not funny, in any way

Yeah no, not awesome, and not funny, in any way

Yeah, I'd have to agree. This story reminds me of when my daughter breathlessly tells me a story about something "crazy" that happened in school that day, but not being in middle school myself, I fail to appreciate the gravity of what she's trying to relay to me. I'm sure its quite an impressive story if I'm a middle schooler as well, but at this point I just try my best to act as if I understand the importance of her tale and change the subject. But then, the cornswagglers cartoon falls under the same category.