Opeth gigs cancelled

So the California shows have been rescheduled. What about us in Arizona? I need to know fast so I can get the day off. I don't want to end up getting fired from my job because they pick a date that is right around the corner and I only get a few days notice.

Triste said:
I'm not complaining...I'm just pointing out the fact that OPETH are travelling an extra 1500 miles to make up these shows and that's expensive....

I bought 2 tickets for those cancelled shows like 1 month in advance. I took a day from work and school.
If they cancel the gigs like 3 days before they arrive here, I am sorry but that's LAME.
I know it's not up to them to cancel, I wasn't even complaining at all, I was just sad but if they can make up, they HAVE to no matter what.
If they care about their fans like they used to do, that is.

If they loose money for that, well I am sorry. But I'm glad that they can make up those gigs.

edit: BTW I was going to drive 800 miles in one day to go to see them if they played in Arizona.. so If they drive 1500 miles to make up 2 gigs and make at least 500 people happy, well that's no big deal I think.

Well I hope if they ever do reschedule the AZ date that it will be in November so I can see Nevermore and Into Eternity. The way it's looking it doesn't seem like there is even gonna be a date.

Scourge of Malice said:
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! I JUST BOUGHT TICKETS FOR THE SAN FRAN SHOW LAST NIGHT... THIS IS FUCKING REDICULOUS. DID THEY WAIT TILL THE LAST FUCKING MINUTE TO GET THEIR VISAS?

You fucking idiot, do you know anything about getting / applying for visas in the usa??

NO OBVIOUSLY NOT, so shut the fuck up.

Of course they wouldn't have waited until the last minute, they probably applied months ago but since 9/11 everything has slowed down with visa applications. Blame your govt, not the fucking band you imbecile.

Christ, its not often i lose my rag on an internet website, it seems this is one of those rare moments.

Triste said:
God....so many of you guys are so disrespectful and/or ignorant....

I hope you guys are happy because that's a HELL of a lot of driving to do in three days...from Portland to SF to Vancouver back down to Seattle back down to LA....that's a LOT of driving so they make you ungrateful fucks happy....and they aren't making as much money because of gas prices and the low US dollar so you better buy merch!!!!!!

it was their fault to begin with, they are just making up for it...its an inconvinience for us too not just them

so, like someone else asked...will tickets to the original show (in my case, the one scheduled in l.a. for today, the 10th) be honored at the rescheduled date?

BreathingShadow said:
it was their fault to begin with, they are just making up for it...its an inconvinience for us too not just them

Look, the authorities dont tell you exactly how long an application will take. Opeth were probably holding on hoping that their visas would arrive. Their management very probably allowed for anough normal time. Its the authorities at fault not the band.

what would you do? cancel all gigs weeks in advance, or wait and see if you can sort something out when you get there.

Just imagine the implications of cancelling a whole tour....

In case you ingrates haven't realized, touring is a working band's livelihood so it does cut into their bottom line (that means money that pays for their rent, food and bills when they aren't on tour) when they have to reschedule/cancel shows...and I'm sure it's not something that they are happy about doing and they understand how "LAME" it is........

especially seeing what kind of 'fans' they have now who think that just because they've bought a CD, the band owes them everything....it's a symbiotic relationship people....

and being someone who has just finished dealing with a bunch of immigration shit, it doesn't matter how far in advance you submit all of your documents, if bureaucracy decides to take it's fuckin' time, it will....and all you can do is sit by and wait....so it's not their fault the visas weren't issued on time....

mikewho said:
so, like someone else asked...will tickets to the original show (in my case, the one scheduled in l.a. for today, the 10th) be honored at the rescheduled date?

I'm not sure about other rescheduled dates, but regarding the L.A. show... just show up on time at the venue on Sunday and bring your tix from the original date. They are honoring the tickets of course. We all should have no problems.

Sorry about the AZ dates for those who had planned to go to the show... I'm sure they will make sure to include another AZ date on the next tour.

Offically... "Thanks" to the band and whoever was responsible for getting the SF and LA shows back online. We appreciate it.! :headbang:

See you fools at HOB on Sunset Sunday!!

Out.:devil:

Holy shit, wait until someone dies before you start crying, get a fuckin' life. Rescheduled LA show, no problem. I know it sucks, but life ain't a bowl of cherries everyday, and this shit, this tiny little, minor inconvenience is nothing to get upset about.

Watch people die right in front of you sometime, and see what that does for your perception of what a REAL problem is.

And if you 'hate this fuckin' country', and you knwo who I am talking about:
GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!

sometimes being a psycho ex-marine isn't so bad!:devil: :headbang: :devil:

OK, now that I have stopped pouting, and pissing and moaning, I find out that the Tempe gig won't be rescheduled....Are you sick? AZ has always supplied a capacity crowd. There are a few thousand of us in the desert that are freakin livid about this! WTF!? :Shedevil:

akaJUNG72 said:
OK, now that I have stopped pouting, and pissing and moaning, I find out that the Tempe gig won't be rescheduled....Are you sick? AZ has always supplied a capacity crowd. There are a few thousand of us in the desert that are freakin livid about this! WTF!? :Shedevil:

Really sorry, man. I'm sure it wasn't a matter of, "Awww, fuck AZ.." It probably just wasn't possible under the circumstances. Noone said that it doesn't suck and I'm glad it didn't happen to my show... but try not to be livid about it and if Opeth didn't value AZ as a viable tour stop.... why in the hell would they schedule a show there in the first place? I'm sure they wanted to go and feel like shit for dissapointing their AZ fans. Just try to roll with it, man. It sucks, but they'll be back...

Is it official they are not rescheduling the Tempe show? I want to hear straight from the source, not from someone behind a screen name.

Fuck Opeth for not having their shit together. And don't give me this its America's fault for not giving them their visas. Do you have any fucking idea how many bands from other countries tour here and don't have problems getting visas?

This fucking sucks. We're a bigger city than San Fran in population. The effort should have been made.

atrocity said:
Do we have to buy new tickets now? Or our old ticket will count?
BTW I checked HOB Sunset's webpage and they show another gig on Sunday, th 16th.

It's odd...

Dude... Didn't you read my whole post? What's odd is that you don't understand what has happened.:err: Tonights show has been rescheduled till Sunday the 16th of October. Don't go tonight. Take the ticket you already have to the show on Sunday and it's business as usual. The ticket will be honored. If you want a refund, you must deal w/ Ticketmaster. They will refund your money minus shipping and their processing fee.

So...

1. don't go tonight.

2. If you still want to see Opeth, go to HOB Sunset on Sunday with your ticket for tonight and you'll get in.

3. If you want a refund, go to ticketmaster.com for instructions.

I hope that is clear enough...