Amman Gig In Jordan Cancelled!!!

Jan 28, 2002
Stockholm/SWEDEN
www.opeth.com
Hello guys!

It's with great sadness (yes...sadness!!) I have to inform you that we have decided to cancel the Jordan gig in Amman. Reason is posted on the main page of opeth.com. Basically, our drummer, Martin Lopez has suffered a severe panic attack breakdown and is unable to do the gig.

We are trying to reschedule the gig the best we can as you read, but it might take as long as February for us to set up a new date if that is possible at all.

I lost my grandfather this morning too, so things are very dark here to say the least. We'll do our best to make this up to all the dissapointed and angry fans travelling to the gig in Amman. All I can say now is that we're so, so sorry!

In deepest respect
Mikael on behalf of Opeth

It's always sad to hear that ,Mikael...:-(
All my sincere condolences for you and your family....
And a good re-establishment to Martin Lopez...

Very sorry about these mishaps, and the best of luck to Opeth. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and explain at a time like this even. Thanks Mike.

You guys are the hardest working band out there, delivering the greatest music to the ears of your rabid fans. We are all behind you, deepest sympathies for the Akerfeldt family, and best of luck to Martin. Thats a tough deal......you guys need a brake.

JoeVice said:
You guys are the hardest working band out there, delivering the greatest music to the ears of your rabid fans. We are all behind you, deepest sympathies for the Akerfeldt family, and best of luck to Martin. Thats a tough deal......you guys need a brake.

I agree with JoeVice, you really need a brake.

I hope Martin gets better soon.
Condolences to you, Mikael and your family.
Thank you very much for caring about fans. We love you.

I wish the family Åkerfeldt lots of strength and I hope Martin to recover soon. And maybe you guys need to take a break... (but not too long!)

Sincerely, Thomas.

I just can't say it in english ...

Mein tiefstes Mitgefühl Mikeal, ich hoffe du kommst gut drüber weg und spielst möglichst bald wieder. Und gute Besserung Martin!

My God, Mikael I wish you and your family all the best and all the strength you need.
And please also take care of Martin and wish him all the best too!
Take some time off guys! You've worked hard enough!

Thanks for being so kind, even in these harsh times!

Roy

Thanks for all you've given....but never give your nervous system. We understand cancellations. Take care of your health, heal from your wounds (emotional and otherwise), and know that your fans support you. Sorry about your Grandfather Michael, my father is fast approaching an end to his battle with cancer, and well, sorry.

Hey Michael..I send my deepest sympathies to you and your family..I also hope that Martin recovers and gets the help that he needs..I understand nervous breakdowns because I've been through them myself..Take a much deserved break/rest and maybe we'll see you guys in the US next year..Thank you Mike for personally explaining the cancelations..Health and hapiness comes first..All the best to you and Opeth from New York USA -l-