Lord Tim

That guy from LORD
Apr 13, 2001
Wollongong, Australia
www.lord.net.au
Direct from the organisers:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone.

It is with much regret that we must inform you that Metal For The Brain has become a victim of the current Public Liability crisis.

We have been attempting to obtain Public Liability Insurance since March this year. All insurance brokers we contacted told us that no insurance companies would even look to quote our show until eight weeks out from the gig. During the past six weeks we have exhausted all avenues to try and get cover for our show. It seems that "Metal" is quite a dirty word in the insurance game and no underwriters were willing to back our small festival. A benefit concert that has been running successfully without incident or claim since 1990.

We are extremely sorry to all metal fans that Metal For The Brain will not happen in 2002. But at the end of the day we really had no alternative but to cancel the show.

We will be doing everything in our power to try to put the show on in 2003 - possibly earlier in the year.

Thanks to all who have helped and supported.

Again we apologise to the entire metal community.

Best wishes Rodney, Adam, Roy and John on behalf of M4TB

----------------------------------------------------------

May I say on behalf of all of us here... FUCK IT!!!!! :mad:

Well, on the upside, at least if it is put on early next year I will be able to go. Damn those Americans, not to point fingers but it's their "sue everybody" mentality that causes this kind of shit.

P.S I know a lot of nice americans so please don't bomb me or anything

We are most dissapointed about not being able to play this year at Metal For The Brain, we make the yearly trek over form S.A. and were honoured with a position to play this year, pitty that now we cannot.

For those of you in S.A. we will be performing on 26th October @ The Land Of Promise Hotel:

26/10/02 8:00pm

ONI
Slaughter Thou
*10#
Dephiler
Raven Black Night

Should be a killer evening
(and if you are early enough you get to see a show of a different kind)

Alex, your calmness startles and angers me, to be honest. We can't just shrug and go "Oh well." Not this time. We always talk and rave on about how strong metal is. Now it's time to show it. Everyone on this board needs to write to every TV station, radio station, national newspaper (I'm talking "Sydney Morning Herald" and "The Australian" here, not some sensationalist daily tabloid rag), and politician they can get access to. If these companies can insure travesties like the Big Gay Out and Limpid, they can take a chance on this. No one has EVER been seriously injured at MFTB ever. EVER. This is the safest mass music event in Australia. If BDO got canned for insurance reasons, you'd never hear the end of it! Someone actually got killed there, and they'll still let it go ahead. Let's unite like we always reckon we do and get this in people's faces like a loaded gun.

Man i was fuckin pissed off when i heard the news of it being cancelled. It was the one thing i was really looking forward to experience especially missing out on goin up thelast 2 years for certian reasons....

I was also talking to the alarum guys, and they were goin to play DEATH'S "Flattening of emotions" especially for the gig. That would be fuckin amazing to see....

Its just extremely fucked up.....

its an outrage, and a kick in the teeth to the metal community of australia! after all this time, after 11 years, no more than a month from the event they cancel it! it fucking sucks. I wasnt acctully going this year (due to school commitments) but it sucks for all the fans and the whole scene. Here is hoping that they get some form of insurance so it can take place at a later date.

but i urge everyopne to write to fucking everywhere and bitch about this, lets be heard, lets show em we wont lie down and get fucked in the ass!

Someone else to write to!!

Insurance Enquiries & Complaints Pty Ltd!! iec@iecltd.com.au

This is all via The Insurance Council of Australia:

Insurance Council of Australia - "The mission of ICA is to influence ethically, and expertly, the political, social and social economic environment, in order to promote the general insurance industry's role in providing protection and security to the community and to create an environment in which members can achieve an appropriate return on equity while doing so."

http://www.ica.com.au/

Make some more noise people!! :mad:

Fuck A Current Affair!!

There's no way I'm involving myself with that generator of social hysteria in the guise of judge and jury.

Originally posted by ALaRum

I was also talking to the alarum guys, and they were goin to play DEATH'S "Flattening of emotions" especially for the gig. That would be fuckin amazing to see....

:eek: That would have been fucking great!
The M4TB cancellation is such a disappointment, not only because so many of us miss out on a great day/night of metal and many many excellent bands... but because of the negative attitudes towards metal from the general public apparent from this situation. It sucks, we will fight it and Metal For The Brain WILL be back!

its typical that bullshit socialy acceptable crap such as m-one and big day outs get insurance but a metal festival that has been held without incident for the past 11 years gets the chop because every dumb cunt who gets pissed and hurts themselves sues.
if people took responsibility for their actions then shit like this wouldn't happen.
At least we know that metal is still not socialy acceptable!