Destruction Of Oz Festival Cancelled

It's a sad day indeed. But...If I can't see them no one will...Mwa ha ha ha. But like Goreripper said earlier, I had serious doubts as to this even happening. But if you go to Cryptopsy's web-site, their still planning on treking out this way early next year I think. At least by themselves, ALL of Australia should get to see them.

got my money back
all i can say is fuck

really it was both the punters and the organisers fault, no single party is to blame.

the punters for being lazy with the "ill get my ticket at the door attitude"

and the organisers for the lack of promotion and in my honest opinion putting on a show that was never going to pull the heads it required specially with only one date nationally

Clarky said:
got my money back
all i can say is fuck

really it was both the punters and the organisers fault, no single party is to blame.

the punters for being lazy with the "ill get my ticket at the door attitude"

and the organisers for the lack of promotion and in my honest opinion putting on a show that was never going to pull the heads it required specially with only one date nationally

Yeah Clarky I agree with you: this show was never going to pull 2000 people. The Metro in Sydney holds 1500 and the only "underground" metal band that's ever sold that out was Opeth, with Entombed, Mayhem and Strapping Young Lad also coming close, but all of those bands are much better known than any of the acts at Destruction of Oz except for maybe Cryptopsy, and I don't think they'd do as well here as many seem to think. Even Soilwork is only playing a room with about a 500 capacity here, and they would arguably be more popular at the moment than any of the bands booked for Destruction of Oz. Doro's gig here on Friday is at a place that barely holds 300, and she was the headliner! I've heard rumours of another show like this being planned for sometime next year with five or more "big" overseas bands being considered, and I don't hold out much hope of it being much of a success either unless the bands coming out are Iron Maiden, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Slayer, In Flames, Cradle of Filth or someone of that stature. What we have to remember is that the audience for "extreme" metal as most of us here know it is really, really small in this country. Now, a lot of the diehards here on this board probably would have spit chips if someone like Cradle Of Filth had been headlining DOO, but think about how many more people probably would have gone!

Same when they played in Melbourne. I still had a certain respect for them until I saw them live.
Abramelin were countless times more energetic and played a much tighter, more professional set than the "almighty" COF.

I have had the misfortune of witnessing a COF live show on two occasions. After the huge amount of hype that surrounds their performances, I had been hoping for something quite special, however was sorely let down.

A drummer who can't keep up with the rest of the band, a vocalist who single-handedly ruins every song the drummer hasn't already ruined and some half-assed stilt walking.

Impressive...