As most of you are aware, the first annual Destruction of Oz Festival
takes place on 22nd August at The Palace Complex in Melbourne. This is
something that we personally have been excited about and while a lot of
hard work has been involved, nevertheless have had fun in planning this
major event.

Unfortunately, there has come a downside. While tickets have been
selling quickly, at least to begin with, it seems these have now come
to a standstill. We have scratched our heads as to why this might be
as it seems everyone has been showing as much enthusiasm as we have.
Well it seems that a couple of rumours have been going around that
maybe affecting these sales.

The first one is that certain bands, from Sodom, to Marduk, to
Crytpopsy have pulled out. This is NOT the case. ALL bands are still
on board and all bands are enthusiastic about coming to Australia for
the first time.

Secondly, it seems people are under the impression that tickets are
sold out. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. There ARE still tickets available.

Where these rumours originate from is anybodies guess. All we can say
is that we are very disappointed that it would come to this kind of
thing. If people really think tickets maybe sold out please ring the
shops - they can tell you exactly how many tickets have indeed been
sold and how many tickets are left. The other alternative is check our
website at http://www.destructionofozfestival.com for any updates etc.
Whatever you do, don't believe someone's second hand information.

Okay, now comes the hard part - obviously we need to sell more tickets
and fast. We hear too many people whinge about not enough overseas
bands coming to Australia and then when we finally DO put an event on
like this no one ends up buying a ticket. We do not care if it is The
Destruction of Oz, Nunslaughter or Soilwork - we expect every metal
head to support all overseas bands coming to Australia. That way they
can go home and tell their booking agents and other bands what a
dedicated audience we are.

We basically need to sell at least another 500 tickets this week
through the shops or directly from us, so we urge everyone who is
seriously thinking of going, to buy their ticket this week, before the
10th of August to prove to us that you still want this event to
continue. If you are waiting to the last minute to buy tickets, we
urge you not to hesitate, and would really appreciate it if you bought
your tickets THIS week so you can support us by continuing on and
making The Destruction of Oz an annual event.

Thanks for your time and see you all at the event.

Kind Regards

Mark Streater
Promoter

Related Link: http://www.destructionofozfestival.com

I hope it goes ahead and that it makes some money, but I still dont get the lineup for this one :cry:

I dont want to travel to Melbourne for this one, I own one Marduk cd and its pretty boring, and one Sodom cd and its ok I guess. So theres not even one band on the bill im remotely interested in seeing live (of course I guess I could watch Doro in leather pants, but koichi is already working on that with someone else for free). So although id like to support the show so next years might be one id go to, I dont want to pay 80 dollars plus accomodation etc. for it :(

Why is it that its just bands I dont like that we have tour here? Lets look at the list of recent or coming attractions:

Opeth
Soilwork
The Haunted
Mayhem
Nunslaughter
Strapping Young Lad

Not one Blaze, Iced Earth, Nevermore, Kreator, Dimmu Borgir or Kamelot... :cry:

BTW, does anyone know more about the Australian band Black Majesty? I saw their album cover on the LMP website and it was a ripoff of a comic cover I have so I was thinking of buying it as they obviously have good taste :headbang:

Bummer. I havn't got my ticket yet, and doubt I'll be able to go anyway. :cry:

Yeah I agree, I could see Marduk, Cryptopsy and Sodom on the same bill, but they would be playing much smaller places. I think they would have gotten more people overall had they toured seperately maybe. I dont know, im not a promoter so im not sure how they worked things out.

Maybe ill put on a festival with Blaze, Iced Earth, Nevermore, Kreator, Dimmu Borgir and Kamelot. Spawnstock 2004.

I'd definitely be going if there was a band I actually listened to on the bill! Just one would do..... As it is, I don't listen to any of them, but wouldn't mind seeing all of them, but instead am going down to Tassie to see my grandparents, and to see St Kilda's game there. If the bill were different I would have bought my ticket long ago.... The only reason I'd go is to make sure next year's one happened.

I'm keen to see vanishing point... but that's about it out of those bands... of course, the gig being in melbourne is another thing. :(

All I'm interested in seeing at Destruction Of Oz is Doro (but I hardly know any of her stuff, so not worth $80!) and Vanishing Point who I can see any time anyway.

Spawny: Black Majesty are awesome!!! Their 3-track demo is really really good, features guest vocals from Danny Cecati (ex-Pegazus) on one track, and Silvio from Vanishing Point on one track too. That demo also has better production than any power metal album I've heard come out of Australia, so I'd love to hear what their albums will sound like!

They just got signed to a 5 album deal with LMP so things are gonna happen for them now. I saw them live a few times when they were called Kymera, but haven't seen them since the name change yet. They're headlining the next Breakers night so I'll have to go to that.

And their guitarist (who is the bassist from Pegazus) is a Vinnie Vincent Invasion fan I think! :headbang: Hahaha!

Oh, so Black Majesty are Kymera! I was thinking about Kymera yesterday, wondering what they were up to, cos I'd heard nothing of them. My mate auditioned for them as a guitarist, but one of the guys didn't want him, so he ended up joining Anarion instead. :)

Yeah I am, Trent. Nice guy! I worked with him at a pizza shop, and he was looking for a band, so I introduced him to Ric, who was looking for a guitarist. The rest is history.....hehe Ric's dad loves me for it. :)

You seen Anarion live, Koichi? Have they been up your way? I didn't realise how popular they were till I saw them a couple of months ago!